• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Okay I am buying Season Tix

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  4

My family and I moved back to Florida this year. I understand this turn around won't happen overnight but I am ready to start attending every home game again.

Question for dads... how do 2 year olds do at games?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, ForestBull said:

My family and I moved back to Florida this year. I understand this turn around won't happen overnight but I am ready to start attending every home game again.

As a grandpop, 1) It is hot. If you can afford a seat donation that gives access to the Club it would be a smart thing to do.  2) It is loud.  If loud noises bother him/her then invest in some sound muffling headgear.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

From my experience at Clemson, not very well. The heat (I’m assuming it’s worse in Tampa) and the boredom usually do them in before the game starts. I took my 3.5 year old who is OBSESSED with numbers (clock, yards, score, etc) and that was a stretch but he hung in there.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

We started taking my son around 4 years old (technically, we did attend a game while my wife was pregnant). There are lots of things for kids to do pre game.

Check this out:

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/2019/8/1/rockys-rookies.aspx

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I've taken both of my kids as early as 3 and they loved it.  As CousinRicky said, if you go to a day game, definitely splurge for Club access.  I only took mine to late afternoon/evening games.  Also, if you are really interested in watching every snap of a particular game, you may want to skip bringing them to that one.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  4

Yeah I didn't think it was a good idea. Maybe when he is a little bit older. Luckily we are around family now and that means free baby sitters!

Edited by ForestBull

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  446
  • Days Won:  0

• My oldest is 17...the one and only time I wore the "baby bjorn" was her first Bulls game....I'd have to check to see what game that was.
  • I have an ESPN DVD clip (that a fellow Bullspen member sent me) of her on my shoulders on national tv as we were getting stomped by PITT on national TV during a rescheduled day game (because of a hurricane), that my wife couldn't make because she was "morning" sick with baby #2. Which puts my first at about 2 years old.
  •  I have memories of her (probably at 2 or 3) loving the old Rocky and then being very very afraid of the new pumped up Rocky.
  • My favorite - us driving to games and listening to her sing......"S-O-U-T-H    F-L-O-R-I-D-A  South Thorlida, South Thorlida....GOOOOOOO BULLS!"

Bring him/her - scrap the head gear (its really not that loud (YET!!!!)) The memories you will create will be priceless. I have 3 (17,15,13) and they've grown up loving it (other than the recent losing part of "it").

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,263
  • Days Won:  10

Do not scrap the ear protection.  Buy little foam earplugs (I get them at the shooting range).  They are very comfortable.  Kids wear them at concerts, too.  If we had better ear protection in the USAF, I wouldn't be having to wear these hearing aids.

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

Definately consider the Club(remember you can spread it out in payments - and you can donate it direct to the Football Facility) or get tix high up under the over-hang. Shade will help, some.

Edited by E.T.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, BULLigerent said:
  • My oldest is 17...the one and only time I wore the "baby bjorn" was her first Bulls game....I'd have to check to see what game that was.
  • I have an ESPN DVD clip (that a fellow Bullspen member sent me) of her on my shoulders on national tv as we were getting stomped by PITT on national TV during a rescheduled day game (because of a hurricane), that my wife couldn't make because she was "morning" sick with baby #2. Which puts my first at about 2 years old.
  •  I have memories of her (probably at 2 or 3) loving the old Rocky and then being very very afraid of the new pumped up Rocky.
  • My favorite - us driving to games and listening to her sing......"S-O-U-T-H    F-L-O-R-I-D-A  South Thorlida, South Thorlida....GOOOOOOO BULLS!"

Bring him/her - scrap the head gear (its really not that loud (YET!!!!)) The memories you will create will be priceless. I have 3 (17,15,13) and they've grown up loving it (other than the recent losing part of "it").

That’s really cool...what a great memory