• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Danny Verpaele

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV !!!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV DV !!!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

WTHIYP?

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

*hangs from the shower rod*

Guest tulderbull

What will happen next year is C. williams to SS which is better for him. Verpaele to F/s and Gacheutte N but will rotate to both when the other two get tired.  Gachuette has a lot to learn but is doing very well.  there is  alot more that goes into what you see on the field.  Being lined up right is the first. knowing the offense and what coverages to run is next, gachuette is still learning these things.  that is where Verpaele adn williams have the up on Gachuette, along with both of their leadership qualities. I am not saying gachuette is not a leader but these are the things that will have verpaele and williams starting next year.  but this is a good problem next year we will have 3 good soph safeties.  a lot of verpaele problems last year were physical, that can be corrected with coaching,  mentally he is there and so is williams which is why he is starting of gachuette.   dont get me wrong all can do better in physical and mental aspects and will.  so just my tidbits.  The coaches play the players who make the least amount of mistakes.  one think gachuette does is he is in the write place at the write time 2 int.  at least we think he is.  with those picks

Guest S.  Bien

The beautiful thing is all three players still have so much upside.  Gachette is still learning but his speed at 6-3 210lbs makes for a mighty imposing safety.  Ditto for Williams at a similar size, and Danny.

I mean these guys haven't even seen their best games by a long shot and both Gachette and Williams have been playing real well this year despite their youth and inexperience.  The safeties could be scary good in 2007 with Gachette, Williams, Verpaele, and Murphy roaming the field.  

I look at a defensive backfield next year that will have Gachette, Williams, Verpaele, Jenkins, Trae Williams, and Ryan Gilliam.   I will say right now that there will probably be only about a dozen teams in the entire country with that much speed and size combination in their d-backfield.   Gilliam could be the fastest corner in the nation, and Mike jenkins just a shade behind him, what's funny is Trae's no slouch on the track either.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Tyller Roberts looked really good in the psu game too.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Verpaele had the right attitude last year but his size was a joke.  RBs where always dragging him around for an extra five yards.  He really needs a year to develope.  Bien, what do you think of Jenkins play this year.  I have noticed that he seems to play what I perceive as too far off the receivers.  He has the speed and does a great job but I cann't help but think he is ready to break out with some INTs soon.

Guest S.  Bien

dabull....

we don't play man pressure all the time.  We're  a zone outfit as well, usually two deep.  Jenkins is suppose to play off, that's our defense it allows him to pick-up two zones at once.  The LB's cover the short slants, and Jenkins covers the outs, and curls.

Jenkins play this year has been exceptional.  He's blanketed guys, and covers his zone exceptionally well.  Teams that go his way typically get burned.

The game tomorrow could come down to our cover corners.  They want revenge, and I think they're the better athletes.  If they play well we will most likely win.

Verpaele's size wasn't a joke, he was just young, inexperienced, and needed more strength.