• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Danny Verpaele

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737
  • Days Won:  0

Are they going to redshirt him?  His injury seems to be taking a while to heal.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

He's working hard to get better....these things just take time though. Can't rush an injury like that!

Guest tulderbull

Do not count on him last year.  He will most likely use this year to get bigger. He was going to red shirt last year until the 2 players ahead of him went down.   So expect him to redshirt get bigger and learn more. You guys have to remember before last year he hadnt played DB for 3 years so your looking at a kid who played DB as a Soph in HS then starting i D1 as a true fresh.  He needs to redshirt and will. So that is why the injury is taking so long, why rush it he knew he was going to redshirt in 2 a days Dont expect him to lose a season for 4 games.  

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

No I think most of us at this point would rather have a healty DV for three full years starting next year. That makes the most sense at this time. We will need his experience and leadership on the defense next year.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

let dv get healthy

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I like DV but how do you go away from kids like Carlton Williams and Louis Gachette? Those guys are playing better than DV did last year and are only going to get better.  IMO, it's a good problem to have.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Gachette is going to be good back there.  He is playing better than DV did last year, and DV was on the all Freshman CUSA team I believe.  

DV may have a hard time starting next year but that's a good problem to have.  I have my worries about defensive leadership next year, assuming St. Nick goes pro (which he will).

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Gachette is a freaking stud.  It blows my mind how good he's playing this year.  Moving him from QB to DB was the best move Leavitt's made this year, IMO.