• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clemson here - yall starting to feel better about HCJS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, Rocky the Tiger said:

I PROMISE you that CJS will think:

LOOK at the 44K more spots we have still available for new Bull’s fans - this is gonna be awesome !!!

There is no glass half empty or half full with this guy - his cup is OVERFLOWING all the time. 

I think if he gets it done on the field and gets the local media involved things will turn around. The attendance has been there at times, but the last guy just didn’t excite people. I think if CJS keeps up the enthusiasm and the product looks good on the field this won’t be an issue

spacer.png

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

I think if he gets it done on the field and gets the local media involved things will turn around. The attendance has been there at times, but the last guy just didn’t excite people. I think if CJS keeps up the enthusiasm and the product looks good on the field this won’t be an issue

spacer.png

Didn't they say the same thing about Tropicana Field when it was built?  That hasn't worked out very well.

But I agree with you.  I think this fanbase is just waiting for a reason to bust out and support this team, and hopefully CJS is just the ticket for that to happen.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

21 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Didn't they say the same thing about Tropicana Field when it was built?  That hasn't worked out very well.

St. Pete was told by MLB not to build it but went ahead anyway. It was all about making sure the eventual MLB team did not end up in Hillsborough County. My how times have changed. 

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1994-10-02-9410010979-story.html

As St. Petersburg baseball fans know, the owners who control the game aren't known for sending straightforward, obvious messages. Yet that's exactly what Ueberroth did in July 1986, when he sent a telegram to former St. Petersburg Mayor Ed Cole days before the stadium vote. Ueberroth told Cole that St. Petersburg was "not a strong candidate" for a ball team and advised local officials not to build the stadium.

The message fell on deaf ears. A week after the telegram, the City Council voted 6-3 to go ahead and construct the stadium, relying on the now famous cliche from the baseball movie Field of Dreams:

"If you build it, he (baseball) will come."

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, usf97 said:

Good Pic. 

Now that is a winning picture. 🤘

• Upvote 1