• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best thing from the press conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Zimmerman owns is a massive advertising agency in his name (among the worlds largest). He has contributed a lot to USF academics and specifically the advertising (aka mass communications) program. My wife has a BA in Mass Communications - Advertising, from USF from the ‘Zimmerman’ school. 

I didn’t know Zimmerman was on the board of Trustees. He has contributed a lot to USF academic programs. Interesting that he spoke to Jeff Scott too, maybe he will give to athletics as well.

Read his wiki page, it reads like the stereotype New Englander who came to Florida (USF) for college (Go Bulls!). Went out on his own and hit it big. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Zimmerman_(advertising)

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Can you love a coach BEFORE he has done a **** think?

Just look at Kerwin Bell. Still hasn't done anything and people love him

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I never loved him.

Maybe I should reframe my question 

"Am I allowed to love a HC before he has done a thing?"

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, Gismo said:

Zimmerman owns is a massive advertising agency in his name (among the worlds largest). He has contributed a lot to USF academics and specifically the advertising (aka mass communications) program. My wife has a BA in Mass Communications - Advertising, from USF from the ‘Zimmerman’ school. 

I didn’t know Zimmerman was on the board of Trustees. He has contributed a lot to USF academic programs. Interesting that he spoke to Jeff Scott too, maybe he will give to athletics as well.

Read his wiki page, it reads like the stereotype New Englander who came to Florida (USF) for college (Go Bulls!). Went out on his own and hit it big. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Zimmerman_(advertising)

Love to see him contribute to USF football advertising 

42 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I think with the loss of the Valdosta QB there really is no good reason to keep him around. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Finally had a chance to see the synopsis of the presser in the antiquated paper this morning and one of the best things I saw was this:

Clearly, Scott has been briefed on the disconnect between most boosters and his predecessor in recent years. Or the one that seems to exist on campus, where some prominent student functions annually seem to conflict with home football games.

“We have a great university here,” Scott said. “It’s big and has a lot of arms, but (Currall) communicated very clearly that it’s his goal to bridge all of those gaps, bring everybody together, much like I want to unite and bring together this football program.”

This is the first time I've seen something like this credited to Currall. JG did a great job getting us to, or very close to, where we need to be academically. SC may be the one to do that for Athletics ....... and honestly, I don't think we're that far off save the big one in football.