• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Jeff Scott Turned Down FSU to Come to USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Apis Bull said:

This.  If things are going well, he may stay until Dabo retires.  He doesn't seem the type to go just for money or the P5 status (hopefully we're P5 by that time anyway).

He saw what happened to his Dad when he took the south carolina job. pretty much ended his career. I think he would only leave for an elite job

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

22 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

If Scott is here 4 years and wins the elusive conference title, I at least with thank him. 

I will kneel upon his feet...

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I would think the job JS would really want if successful would be Clemson but Dabo is only 50 so he will probably be there a while unless he decides to go to the NFL. 

A couple of years ago Dabo said "The great thing about college players is a chance to really build young men, on and off the field. But the NFL is great. I love the NFL. I would never say never. But right now, I’m a college coach.”

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I think he knows how good he could have it here for a long time. Again I don't think he leaves for anything other than a top 2 or 3 job in any P5 conference.

I don't think it takes him very long to turn things around here but I don't see him leaving very soon either.

Agreed but college football does crazy things to coaches. I would have never guessed in 1 million years that we would have had a coach getting an offer from a school as far away is Oregon. College programs are getting more and more desperate and will take all kinds of chances...and spend money to do so.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed but college football does crazy things to coaches. I would have never guessed in 1 million years that we would have had a coach getting an offer from a school as far away is Oregon. College programs are getting more and more desperate and will take all kinds of chances...and spend money to do so.

I get that but I don't see him jumping to a middle of the road P5 program. I imagine job security is a big deal to him after what his dad went through.

Winning here on a consistent basis is easier than winning at any of 40 P5 programs and we pay $2.5M+ now. He won't leave for a job like Vandy, Purdue, etc. Taggart doesn't leave for Oregon if we paid him $2.5M+.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

I think all of us are weary enough to know that everyone wins the press conference. Well, CCS didn't win the press conference with his "slow down the offense" comment, but most gave him a mulligan. 

Today CJS goes to work keeping the recruiting class together, getting his staff in place, and putting the ingredients together to get USF winning again, starting from the early signing day all the way through kick-off in Austin next year. Based on his two day record, I think we all believe CJS will get it done. He's coached very succesful players at Clemson, he did a good job turning them into one of the country's elite offenses with great players like DeShaun Watson and Sammy Watkins, but it is still a very long way to go. 

If CJS gets us to 6-6 in his first year (and there is no guarantee of this), that's a sign of a really good coach. We were close sometimes under CCS (the games vs. GT and UC this year come to mind), but not often enough. 

This is where we have to trust the process and understand that this will take time. Strong really screwed us up right when we were back on the cusp of rebuilding our reputation in Tampa. He could coach here five years and not seen 40k green and gold shifts in the stands, because people's trust in USF football has been broken a second time. 

1 hour ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I think all of us are weary enough to know that everyone wins the press conference. Well, CCS didn't win the press conference with his "slow down the offense" comment, but most gave him a mulligan. 

Today CJS goes to work keeping the recruiting class together, getting his staff in place, and putting the ingredients together to get USF winning again, starting from the early signing day all the way through kick-off in Austin next year. Based on his two day record, I think we all believe CJS will get it done. He's coached very succesful players at Clemson, he did a good job turning them into one of the country's elite offenses with great players like DeShaun Watson and Sammy Watkins, but it is still a very long way to go. 

If CJS gets us to 6-6 in his first year (and there is no guarantee of this), that's a sign of a really good coach. We were close sometimes under CCS (the games vs. GT and UC this year come to mind), but not often enough. 

This is where we have to trust the process and understand that this will take time. Strong really screwed us up right when we were back on the cusp of rebuilding our reputation in Tampa. He could coach here five years and not seen 40k green and gold shifts in the stands, because people's trust in USF football has been broken a second time. 

I put that CCS presser in my rear view mirror a long time ago...what a disaster 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Ha!!  Well I guess old CCS "slowed down the offense"...he slowed it to **** near a complete stop..

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I think all of us are weary enough to know that everyone wins the press conference. Well, CCS didn't win the press conference with his "slow down the offense" comment

Strong couldn't even win the opening press conference yikes.

I'd say 6 and 6 is a very solid first season....just show me improvement during the season that will keep me happy even if we win 4 or 5 games.