• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Jeff Scott Turned Down FSU to Come to USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I think Norvell to FSU was a done deal months ago.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Bullschmutz said:

I think Norvell to FSU was a done deal months ago.

Norvell would’ve been a better fit at Arky, but whatever. I’m happy FSU went with a HC who doesn’t recruit Florida well

Guest Jonesy Bull
37 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Norvell would’ve been a better fit at Arky, but whatever. I’m happy FSU went with a HC who doesn’t recruit Florida well

There is no reason to think Norvell wont do well at FSU.  He took a Basketball school with no real history in football for quite a 3 year run in the best G5 conference in the land.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

12 hours ago, smazza said:

very hard to believe

Agreed and glad you came back to the board, you are a legend on this board, tired of hearing about your past greatness and now able to experience it first hand.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

12 hours ago, smazza said:

look if he has great success and there is no hope in sight for usf to get into a power 5 contract SCOTT will leave for greener pastures.if he leaves usf in better shape than when he got here is all we can ask

That’s all we can ask of any coach in this day and age. Unfortunately there is still a sizeable portion of TBP that is butt hurt over CWT leaving. I don’t expect Scott to stay here much past a few years, if it works out he bolts and if it doesn’t he’s canned. Hopefully he leaves us in better shape than he found us like Taggs. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

There is no reason to think Norvell wont do well at FSU.  He took a Basketball school with no real history in football for quite a 3 year run in the best G5 conference in the land.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/mike-norvell-1.html

never won a bowl game. I think he is on par with where Willie was when he took the job. We are entitled to our own opinions, but I just don’t think this is a home run hire. But like I said I like that for us. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/mike-norvell-1.html

never won a bowl game. I think he is on par with where Willie was when he took the job. We are entitled to our own opinions, but I just don’t think this is a home run hire. But like I said I like that for us. 

Dont think its a home run hire either like with JS.  I think its a good hire because of what he was able to do at Memphis - not really a football school and our conference is pretty tough.

I agree him not being a Florida guy will make it more of a challenge for him recruiting.

So Ill go with its a good hire but not a homerun.  He should be able to get them back to respectable but not Clemson good.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Dont think its a home run hire either like with JS.  I think its a good hire because of what he was able to do at Memphis - not really a football school and our conference is pretty tough.

I agree him not being a Florida guy will make it more of a challenge for him recruiting.

So Ill go with its a good hire but not a homerun.  He should be able to get them back to respectable but not Clemson good.

Its FSU I think he will be able to recruit the top Florida players fine even with lack of.coaching connections at start

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Its FSU I think he will be able to recruit the top Florida players fine even with lack of.coaching connections at start

I think he will eventually too.  But it will take some time to build those relationships.

Luckily for us, CJS already has done that.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,088
  • Days Won:  56

14 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This is what repeatedly surprises me (or shouldn't surprise me anymore) about some in our fanbase that have said more than one occasion that they don't think MK is doing a good enough job or have questioned his abilities, or he is not doing things fast enough.

Well those people are either freaking ignorant or just looking for reasons to ***** and complain....News Flash - MK does know what the F___ he is doing.  So if your mojo is to continously down MK then you don't know what you are talking about and Shut the F up!!

Well, I have to guess that I’m one of those people you’re now calling names because I was cautiously optimistic about Michael Kelly and not prepared to crown him the world’s best AD until I had seen some results. Blind faith is not something I’m hard wired for, so excuse me. I do like the hiring of Jeff Scott and the fact that MK was prepared and made a move with Courtney Draper. Both are very good signs and I hope they are moves that will begin to help USF athletics ascend. I guess I’ll now “Shut the F up” so you won’t have to call me out.