• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Jeff Scott Turned Down FSU to Come to USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

7 hours ago, hm101 said:

Whether its true or not the truth is CJS could have gone to a P5. Yet he came here.

I guess the thinking is "cut your teeth on a decent but medium-stakes school. If you straight to an elite school and fail publicly you're done, if you never move you fizzle out, so this is a good stomping grounds" but it's pure conjecture

It's smart.

6 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

If he sticks it through this contract I think he’ll stay a while. I think he’s a smart dude and has all these folks chasing waterfalls at their own peril.

Willie?

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

The rumor is all over the Twitterverse that CJS turned down FSU among other schools to come to "the right opportunity" at USF. Does anyone have knowledge of whether there is a shred of truth to this? Much as I was a CJL fan, I have to admit, watching this unfold gives me real hope for USF's future. I think MK hit this one out of the park. And yes, the way this is shaping up, I am cautiously optimistic CJS will be better than even a return by CJL. 

very hard to believe

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

10 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It's smart.

Willie?

look if he has great success and there is no hope in sight for usf to get into a power 5 contract SCOTT will leave for greener pastures.if he leaves usf in better shape than when he got here is all we can ask

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

48 minutes ago, smazza said:

look if he has great success and there is no hope in sight for usf to get into a power 5 contract SCOTT will leave for greener pastures.if he leaves usf in better shape than when he got here is all we can ask

Sadly, some will still play this game ...... Jeff $cott

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, LewSFBulls said:

Love the thought but it's like anyone else who is offered more money, better facilities, higher profile etc - be difficult to turn down.

If anyone in this profession were to do it, it would be the Clemson guys. They value family and fit over dollars and facilities. The reason he is here and not elsewhere is Michael Kelly. Every good coach knows he must have the right AD in order to build a sustainable culture and environment. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

If anyone in this profession were to do it, it would be the Clemson guys. They value family and fit over dollars and facilities. The reason he is here and not elsewhere is Michael Kelly. Every good coach knows he must have the right AD in order to build a sustainable culture and environment. 

I believe this to be the case as well.  I'm sure working for MK made a big difference in his decision making.

The FSU rumors are kind of hard to believe, but he probably has gotten some calls these past couple years from P5 schools of some interest.  Glad he chose us!

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I also believe that over the next few years there may be a pipeline of Clemson cast offs that we will receive via his relationships with the Tigers.  Pretty sure there would be no relationship between Tigers and Noles.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, T-Man said:

I also believe that over the next few years there may be a pipeline of Clemson cast offs that we will receive via his relationships with the Tigers.  Pretty sure there would be no relationship between Tigers and Noles.

Good Point....and as long as Clemson keeps on keepin on.  That would be a very nice pipeline to have for a school like ours!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, T-Man said:

Awesome they can be our minor league 🤘