• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I salute the positive attitudes around this board

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

who cares if you set yourself up for a letdown?  what is sports, or life for that matter, if you can't believe in your team, or self?

I'd rather be excited beyond belief for 4 months and let down, than be skeptical and be able to say I told you so later.

F That... Go Bulls, run the table!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

who cares if you set yourself up for a letdown?

I guess I do. I take it too hard. I would rather just watch and hope when I know there are HUGE hurdles that could destroy me. Trust me it would destroy me.

I guess I do. I take it too hard. I would rather just watch and hope when I know there are HUGE hurdles that could destroy me. Trust me it would destroy me.

glass-half-full.jpg

Half Empty to you, eh??

f9421637aa082f151fe08a7621a03e26.jpg

"Sometimes we learn the hard way that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Positive thinking is an intellectual choice, and by keeping our eyes focused on the light of optimism, we can restore faith in ourselves and stay clear of the shadows."

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Letdowns do suck... but believing in your team and not being let down is the best!  that can't really happen if you are cautiously optimisitic.  

Only LOB99 will destroy you.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

If a football letdown is that devastating in your life you are gripping the reins a bit to tight.  A loss sucks but heck the sun is still gonna rise in the morning, set in the evening and beer will still be sold at the grocery store in FL...unlike PA.  Buck up li'l fella and cheer for the Bulls 'cuz eventually everyone loses, even Southern Cal.

Guest S.  Bien
No but I dont pretend that it is FULL either.

Nice quote.

No you just don't like to set yourself up for a fall.  Listen, it's alright for players to be good and still lose a game.

We can go 8-3 or 7-4 and it still be a fabulous season.  If it melts down then we can discuss things but as of right now this team is collectively playing good football.  You don't need to be a genius or blind to see that.  You can sit around and wait for a fall, or predict one, or you can enjoy the run, analyze this thing fairly, and give some credit when we play superior opponents, i.e. just because we lose a game doesn't necessarily mean we're a bad team or have bad players, sometimes the other team just plays better.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

For you old farts on this board this reminds me of the 1989-1990 basketbulls.  Everyone was up and man did I enjoy that season.  The year before we were horrible(7-21) but we went to the dance the next year.  It made no difference that we had to play Arizona in the first round and would lose.  We went and this year may be our first bowl game.  Dam, the beer is colder and the women hotter.  Life is good.  I just enjoy.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139

LOB WILL DESTORY YOU !!!