• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

I salute the positive attitudes around this board

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Ive been some of the bowl threads and just now the Big East article thread and I am amazed how much mileage the win over UL gets.

Other than that win, which was fueled by big plays (gimmicks), we are exactly where I expected us to be having beat FAMU and UCF and lost to Penn State and Miami. Other than the defense doing a much better job than last year this team MAY be the same team we saw last year.

What was last years record btw?

Until I see a QB that throws more to us than to them, a RB that can average more than 3 yards a carry against I-A teams and a WR that can haul in two passes in a row I am cautiously approaching the rest of the year.

Having said that I salute those of you that drank the Kool-Aid.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Well that isn't exactly bad...

paraphrasing a bit of what you said:

"Other than improving in 50% of of the game(defense), we have the same team as last year"

Our offense might not have improved much (although it seems to have a little), our defense has inproved dramatically.  So we aren't even close to the same team as last year.

You may be right Velcro, but I think our offense may be worse . . . lemme check some stats and check back with you. The defense isnt 100% better either right?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Defense might not be 100% better, but it is pretty **** good.

Not sure on the offense, but i do see that our penalties are down a bit from the last few years.  That is always a good thing.

And PJ is hitting some recievers, which he did very rarely last year.  I think he has improved... although you can't really judge by the Miami game as their defense is incredible.  We won't see anything like that the rest of the year (unless we run the table and play in .....   :-X)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

I salute your pessimism and skepticism Pariah, as I am frequently among the skeptics. Although I tend to believe this year's team is leaps and bounds above last year's team. PJ might not be the best QB in the nation, but as Velcro points out, he's vastly improving. Yeah, the 'Ville win was won on big plays (some of which you might call gimmicks) but that's a part of the game, don't you think Leavitt saw a weakness in film and chose to exploit it to the fullest. I'd rather have a win on gimmick plays than a loss with "regular" plays. The defense IS legitimate! Rivals the 2002 team. Having said that, our team has its weaknesses and we have a tough road ahead to run the tables if we even can, but we are a different team, if anything just more mature.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

always be positive

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  120

always be positive

wow

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139

always be positive

Huh...   er..,  wha...   smazz wrote that.......?

It's gotta ba April 1st somewhere....

And Piranha, Perverta, whatever,...  If you don't like or understand why people get behind their team, maybe you should talk to a few ucfers. What you might call a fluke, I'll take it.  I'd rather be lucky than good any day.

And Piranha, Perverta, whatever,...  If you don't like or understand why people get behind their team, maybe you should talk to a few ucfers. What you might call a fluke, I'll take it.  I'd rather be lucky than good any day.

Im all about getting behind the team, its the unreal expectations and arrogance that kills me. Im not saying that the Bulls cannot run the table. I doubt it, not EXPECT it. Its only setting yourself up for a let down.

Some people on this board believe that USF is as good as Miami (Which also has a loss and most likely will get another) even though the game proved otherwise.

Im hoping for a bowl, any bowl. I only pray that we win 3 more games this year. (Enter the emperors new team crowd to tell me about the weak schedule)

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Until I see a QB that throws more to us than to them, a RB that can average more than 3 yards a carry against I-A teams and a WR that can haul in two passes in a row I am cautiously approaching the rest of the year.

haha, my sentiments exactly.. i think our defense last year was pretty terrible tho, but this year's is much better.. better to the point that it will keep us in games-- i dont think our defense will WIN more games for us than our offense will lose for us, but i think we have a chance.. to me, all the rest of the big east games are a toss up..

i've publicly stated that our QB is terrible, and have been crucified on this board for criticizing julmiste.. but i think that he will cost us the games we lose.  with that being said, i still think we have a small chance at getting that bcs bid.  if there's a year that we can do it, it would be this year-- we already got louisville under our belt, pitt is down this year, and we got WV at home (huge advantage as opposed to going into morgantown)