• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thoughts on Jeff Scott, as potential coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 hours ago, RoyD3 said:

It worries me too. If he is such an up and comer, wouldn't he have been hired by Missouri or another p5 school. There have been many misses on hires from great programs. Their last OC that got hired away was Chad Morris and that didn't work out very well. If it comes out that the board of trustees nixed Leavitt, I will have no trust in the program.

lol

yeah we're on the same level as Missouri...

this guy will be great here. I wanted him after taggart left. Unfortunately it took us 3 years to get him and he will have to rebuild instead of reload like the guy at ucf.

chad morris did just fine at SMU. it's why arkansas hired him.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Since major outlets seem to be in agreement about “Jeff Scott coming to USF”....what are your thoughts on him (assuming he signs on the dotted line)?

I don’t know if it’s fallout from the wacky “Leavitt watch of 2019” or what, but I’m not really excited by his potential hiring.  I don’t want to knock a guy before he arrives, but the lack of head coaching experience and title of “co” offensive coordinator worries me a bit (especially since he doesn’t doesn’t handle play calling).  While he’s been recognized as a good recruiter, that’s been for a team that plays for national championships.  

Anyone want to help me see the light?  Or do others feel the same?

Our last 3 coaches had head coaching experience.  Scott has spent a long time on one of the most successful programs in college football.  Clemson wasn't the powerhouse that they are today that whole time.  They were pretty mediocre for a long time, including a 6-7 season with a loss to us in a bowl game.

No hire is going to be a sure thing, but I feel good about this one.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

I’m sorry but I’m going through a let down mode with USF right now. Not very hyped up about that future of USF football as they failed to make it right with the coach that put USF football on the map. 

21 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

The guy recruits Florida. His Dad recruited Florida. They have Florida chops and know where their bread is buttered.

absolutely have to lock down the area like Taggart and Leavitt before him.

FSU hired Taggart 2.0 only he has never rebuilt a program and he doesn't recruit this state. lol

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yeah let's keep an OC from an offense that was #122 in the country so we can lock up the 6th best class in the AAC.....

Your feelings on KB are well documented.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yeah let's keep an OC from an offense that was #122 in the country so we can lock up the 6th best class in the AAC.....

of course you are because you bought that troll post from a ucf fan and thought Leavitt was coming back

If true, karma will come around and bite UCF one of these days. I’m asking all USF fans to be patient with this hire. No need to expect winning until about season 3. We will know then if this was a home run hire or not. 

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

If true, karma will come around and bite UCF one of these days. I’m asking all USF fans to be patient with this hire. No need to expect winning until about season 3. We will know then if this was a home run hire or not. 

disinformation happens all over the internet and not just in coaching hires. UF fans posed as FSU insiders on their boards and pushed the bob stoops propaganda. it was funny to see how they actually believed it.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

37 minutes ago, hedgehogfrenzy said:

I had my heart set on Rich Bisaccia. 😪

DUImig, is that you?  How are things down under these days?

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

The fact that I have heard that the local radio media on 620 was praising the potential hire makes me nervous.  They not only praised the hiring of Skippypoo but we all know they would rather USF football not exist and muddy up their Buc and Gator centric waters. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I heard Scott is bringing an offensive analyst, and wr coach with him. So we can get rid of Charlie Williams and Burke. Move Kade Bell to QB coach, Keep KB as OC, Shaun King as RB. Scott could replace the WR, TE, OL positions.  Move Auggie Sanchez to special teams coach. Keep BJM and the defensive coaches and boom!....the staff is comeplete! Is it fall 2020 yet? 

Why the hell would he keep either coordinator?