• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

They are probably running position drills. I would like them to work together on their timing and execution. Run the plays till they work and you are so comfortable with them that you can run them under pressure and in your sleep. If we are "set" with this offense then we may as well make BBQ plans  to watch the bowl games.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien

Oh God, more head coaches.

Our offense isn't anemic, we averaged over 400 yards in our first four games.  Miami is Miami, some of you would do yourself a service by learning that.

I remember when Washington, a very good Washington team I might add under Rick Nueheisal, went down there in 2001.  They went down to Miami in November (a make-up for the 9/11 missed weekend), with a 9-1 record.  They walked away with a 65-7 beat down.  

I am glad they're working on special teams.  Nothing can change the complexion of a game more than a special teams TD.  Come on, UL it's 24-7 going into the 2nd half.  Honestly the last 6 minutes in the 2nd quarter UL started moving the ball and building confidence on offense.  They're only down by three scores, clearly not insurmountable by UL standards.  BAM!  KR for a TD by Chad Simpson.  The score goes from a three score to a four score lead like that.  Momentum shifts entirely to our side of the field, and the route is on.

I want to be the best special teams school in the nation.  I believe in 2002 we were one of the tops in the nation in PR, and KR.    Also, some horrendous punt coverage, and receiving hurt us even more against Miami.  Anyone remember allowing their gunners to down it at the one, or the PR's by Hester.  We can definitely use the practice.

a·ne·mic also a·nae·mic   "anemic"

Pronunciation Key  (-nmk)

adj.

1. Relating to or suffering from anemia.

2. Lacking vitality; listless and weak: an anemic attempt to hit the baseball; an anemic economic recovery

OK there sbien,  I guess your right. Maybe USFs offense does not have a deficiency in the oxygen-carrying component of the blood. But in my opinion it is listless and weak.

Anyway you are right about one thing, as much punting as we are doing its wise to concentrate on special teams.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  19

We spend no more than 30 minutes on special teams in practice... take that to the bank... the other two hours is spent between stretching, individual drills, team vs scout team, and team vs team.

Guest S.  Bien

OK there sbien,  I guess your right. Maybe USFs offense does not have a deficiency in the oxygen-carrying component of the blood. But in my opinion it is listless and weak.

Anyway you are right about one thing, as much punting as we are doing its wise to concentrate on special teams.

Your opinion.  The key part of that statement it's 'yours' and we all have one as well.

There again, your crack on punting.  FYI, we averaged l believe three punts a game from UCF through UL (because of that 'anemic' offense).  Maybe that's why the punting was listless against Miami and needs work.

Oh God, more head coaches.

Our offense isn't anemic, we averaged over 400 yards in our first four games.  Miami is Miami, some of you would do yourself a service by learning that.

I remember when Washington, a very good Washington team I might add under Rick Nueheisal, went down there in 2001.  They went down to Miami in November (a make-up for the 9/11 missed weekend), with a 9-1 record.  They walked away with a 65-7 beat down.  

I am glad they're working on special teams.  Nothing can change the complexion of a game more than a special teams TD.  Come on, UL it's 24-7 going into the 2nd half.  Honestly the last 6 minutes in the 2nd quarter UL started moving the ball and building confidence on offense.  They're only down by three scores, clearly not insurmountable by UL standards.  BAM!  KR for a TD by Chad Simpson.  The score goes from a three score to a four score lead like that.  Momentum shifts entirely to our side of the field, and the route is on.

I want to be the best special teams school in the nation.  I believe in 2002 we were one of the tops in the nation in PR, and KR.    Also, some horrendous punt coverage, and receiving hurt us even more against Miami.  Anyone remember allowing their gunners to down it at the one, or the PR's by Hester.  We can definitely use the practice.

our passing offense is anemic get it straight, no one  can say with a straight face that they are happy with our passing offense. this isn't completely pj's fault, look at louisville and how their receivers bail out their qb during bad passes. that has been our most glaring problem, dawsey may be a good recruiter but he's yet to prove to anyone he's a good coach. a young qb like julmiste needs help from his receivers and he's clearly not getting it. some people need to be less sensitive to critisicm, our passing offense is a legitamite concern.

Guest S.  Bien

our passing offense is anemic get it straight, no one  can say with a straight face that they are happy with our passing offense. this isn't completely pj's fault, look at louisville and how their receivers bail out their qb during bad passes. that has been our most glaring problem, dawsey may be a good recruiter but he's yet to prove to anyone he's a good coach. a young qb like julmiste needs help from his receivers and he's clearly not getting it. some people need to be less sensitive to critisicm, our passing offense is a legitamite concern.

The passing offense isn't 'anemic' and I will not 'get it straight'.  The passing offense is inconsistent (anemic is too harsh since some big plays have resulted from our passing offense), but it's equal parts receiver, and PJ.  No one can put it solely on PJ's shoulders.  Had the receivers caught the ball against PSU we would have won, and PJ lauded a hero.

I agree about Dawsey, and the receivers.  I once played receiver, I coached it once and I am sorry if the ball hits one's hands then the QB is off the hook!  I've seen to many easy passes look bad, PJ's thrown some good stuff that have been dropped outright.

HOWEVER, with that being said, the passing offense doesn't need to be "Petrino'd" to be effective.  We've got an excellent running attack, and we use our QB effectively running.  The key is to use the passing game properly, and make consistent plays passing when the time arises.  

That's been my point all along, collectively the players involved in the passing game are not getting it done consistently.  Sometimes it's PJ, sometimes it's the WR's or even blockers, but the passing game needs consistency.  Basically if we can complete 4-5 more passes a game for another 50-75 yards then we can win most of our ball games.  Give me a 10-17 for 180 yards passing from PJ, and with our running attack I'll show you that we'll will most of our remaining games.   We don't need gaudy we just need manageable.

Your opinion.  The key part of that statement it's 'yours' and we all have one as well.

There again, your crack on punting.  FYI, we averaged l believe three punts a game from UCF through UL (because of that 'anemic' offense).  Maybe that's why the punting was listless against Miami and needs work.

Hard to punt it more than 3 times when you turn it over FIVE TIMES

Guest S.  Bien

Hard to punt it more than 3 times when you turn it over FIVE TIMES

You need to read what I typed.  Three punts from UCF through UL, that means Miami's NOT INCLUDED.

BTW - I blame the scheme more than the players. Look at UF (Sorry) even someone as infinately talented as Chris Leak has trouble getting a spread offense into gear against a good team. Thats why the spread, the run and gun or whatever the flavour of the year is starts off in a hole. You need near perfect execution to have success. I LONG for the days of a simpler offense.

Oh and my bad about your very time specific statistics. I bet in some period of time we A.) never punted B.) Completed 3 consecutive passes and C.) Had no penalties. I wouldn't want to have to find that magical time in the stats, but Im sure it exixts.