• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just had a horrible thought

Guest Jonesy Bull

If it is Jeff Scott, Im very excited sbout this hire.  He was my first choice.  Whats not to like.  Great recruiter.  Great offenses at Clemson.  Comes from big time winning program.  Im assuming he will be good at Community Relations since that was an MK requirement.

I too was getting on the CJL bandwagon.  But even though there is some risk here with JS, this might be the best man for the job.

Not worried about a coach leaving in the future.  If he does that well to leave means our football program has been repared.

What more do people expect.  If u hadnt noticed, we are a middling program in the G5 right now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

I think we got a slam dunk hire. I was honestly a little worried for a while given how many head coach openings there have been, and also the current state of the program. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, RoyD3 said:

Sorry, but anyone can recruit for the top 5 colleges in the country. It is just a matter of do they want to go to Clemson or Ohio State or Alabama...how is he going to convince any players to come to a non P5 school that are any better than ones that already come here. I am very worried about how this is all going to work out. I hope for the best, but I am realistic.

He knows Florida he will have a plan. Regardless who we hired this was going to be an issue in terms of timing. Just because he recruited for Clemson (easy) does not mean he does not have the skills to get the players we need. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

I’m ok with that as long as USF keeps the system in tact. USF failed big time by going against everything that CWT built at USF

Ya.

That intro presser with CCS. Went from "yay, subsidized big name coach" to "Oh no he wants to destroy our winning system."

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Ya.

That intro presser with CCS. Went from "yay, subsidized big name coach" to "Oh no he wants to destroy our winning system."

That was an iconic moment.  Who knew he was actually really serious about slowing the offense down.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

That was an iconic moment.  Who knew he was actually really serious about slowing the offense down.

Credit where credit is due. He succeeded beyond probably his own wildest dreams.