• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just had a horrible thought

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Days Won:  12

I dont hate scott and I am not saying someone needs to stay forever. I am saying this contract better have protections and incentives to actually have him stay and complete at least 3 seasons and/or a conf championship. I dont see any value whatsoever in a half a$s turnaround where he leaves and we are back to square 0 and I think thats a reasonable position. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

54 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I stand by my comment. Absolutely, if you get us to 10 wins and just bolt, then no I am not interested. If you want to get us a CHAMPIONSHIP, be engaged with the community, and see your work through, then by all means come on over.

We are in a G5 conference...in case you forgot...

1 minute ago, hm101 said:

I dont hate scott and I am not saying someone needs to stay forever. I am saying this contract better have protections and incentives to actually have him stay and complete at least 3 seasons and/or a conf championship. I dont see any value whatsoever in a half a$s turnaround where he leaves and we are back to square 0 and I think thats a reasonable position. 

Ok that is fair point. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Any of us would have left for the money he was offered. Im loyal to USF, but I’m even more loyal to my family and them being set for life. Loyalty and coaching at one place for decades is quickly becoming a thing of the past. 

Yes I dont mind that he left for the money it was more how he did it. Frost handled it with pure class when he left UCF for Nebraska. Norvell is handling the Memphis to FSU transition with class so far. Think karma caught up with him at FSU cause I believe he got fired too fast. They didn’t give him time

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Yes I dont mind that he left for the money it was more how he did it. Frost handled it with pure class when he left UCF for Nebraska. Norvell is handling the Memphis to FSU transition with class so far. Think karma caught up with him at FSU cause I believe he got fired too fast. They didn’t give him time

FSU did fire him too fast. Norvell will be canned also if they have the same unrealistic expectations. It’s going to take 3 years to turn around the mess at FSU. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

5 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I do think that is a reasonable position but it would be tricky doing that in a contract a coach would sign ... maybe a huge buyout from his end for the first 3 years, I don't know ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,942

So with Scott being expected to stay on throughout the post season, i wonder who will be recruiting for us in the next few weeks.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, hm101 said:

So with Scott being expected to stay on throughout the post season, i wonder who will be recruiting for us in the next few weeks.

I guarantee that Scott will be recruiting. The NCG is almost 1 month away. He will be on the phone and making his share of plane trips to Florida. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I guess I better finally watch the playoff since USF’s next coach is gonna be in it. Got to pull for Clemson now 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I guarantee that Scott will be recruiting. The NCG is almost 1 month away. He will be on the phone and making his share of plane trips to Florida. 

Sorry, but anyone can recruit for the top 5 colleges in the country. It is just a matter of do they want to go to Clemson or Ohio State or Alabama...how is he going to convince any players to come to a non P5 school that are any better than ones that already come here. I am very worried about how this is all going to work out. I hope for the best, but I am realistic.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

I think I read somewhere that his dad graduated from USF so he has some USF ties if thats true.