• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just had a horrible thought

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Those guys at TDS put the odds of Jim Leavitt becoming head coach at 500:1 early in a story they had.  When I first saw those odds in an excerpt posted here, I thought it was just a joke designed to further deride CJL. Afterall, “the field” was like 7:2 or something close.  But it was actually part of their story.  So, for them to do that, I have to believe they may have received  information from Michael Kelly or his proxy.  They seem to have been embraced by USF Athletics this last season.  I’m beginning to think this was the chosen way for Kelly and USF to dismiss Leavitt as a candidate and front run it with their useful idiots at TDS.  It was an attempt to extinguish the thought before it took hold in larger USF Bulls fan communities.

Clearly if that was the plan, it didn't work.

Then of course Nathan follows with a comment deleterious to Leavitt that he hit a player.  Not allegedly.

Hope I’m wrong, but beginning to smell a 🐀.

• Crying 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Remember who we where told was supposed to win the 2016 Presidential election? The establishment fears CJL, but we the people can make it happen!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Those guys at TDS put the odds of Jim Leavitt becoming head coach at 500:1 early in a story they had.  When I first saw those odds in an excerpt posted here, I thought it was just a joke designed to further deride CJL. Afterall, “the field” was like 7:2 or something close.  But it was actually part of their story.  So, for them to do that, I have to believe they may have received  information from Michael Kelly or his proxy.  They seem to have been embraced by USF Athletics this last season.  I’m beginning to think this was the chosen way for Kelly and USF to dismiss Leavitt as a candidate and front run it with their useful idiots at TDS.  It was an attempt to extinguish the thought before it took hold in larger USF Bulls fan communities. Clearly if that was the plan, it didn't work.   

Think it made it worse tbh. Not sure how I’m gonna feel now if USF doesn’t rehire Leavitt lol. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Those guys at TDS put the odds of Jim Leavitt becoming head coach at 500:1 early in a story they had.  When I first saw those odds in an excerpt posted here, I thought it was just a joke designed to further deride CJL. Afterall, “the field” was like 7:2 or something close.  But it was actually part of their story.  So, for them to do that, I have to believe they may have received  information from Michael Kelly or his proxy.  They seem to have been embraced by USF Athletics this last season.  I’m beginning to think this was the chosen way for Kelly and USF to dismiss Leavitt as a candidate and front run it with their useful idiots at TDS.  It was an attempt to extinguish the thought before it took hold in larger USF Bulls fan communities. Clearly if that was the plan, it didn't work.   

Wish you would have kept your thoughts to yourself, I will disregard and live in blissful ignorance for at least another day maybe 2.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah after the last hour of everything, I have a feeling he's out of the running. 

• Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Those guys at TDS put the odds of Jim Leavitt becoming head coach at 500:1 early in a story they had.  When I first saw those odds in an excerpt posted here, I thought it was just a joke designed to further deride CJL. Afterall, “the field” was like 7:2 or something close.  But it was actually part of their story.  So, for them to do that, I have to believe they may have received  information from Michael Kelly or his proxy.  They seem to have been embraced by USF Athletics this last season.  I’m beginning to think this was the chosen way for Kelly and USF to dismiss Leavitt as a candidate and front run it with their useful idiots at TDS.  It was an attempt to extinguish the thought before it took hold in larger USF Bulls fan communities.

Clearly if that was the plan, it didn't work.

Then of course Nathan follows with a comment deleterious to Leavitt that he hit a player.  Not allegedly.

Hope I’m wrong, but beginning to smell a 🐀.

I guess my question would be do you really think Grothe is completely out of the know and is just making things up? I really can't believe he would have any reason to do that.

Well as @JTrue said he’s “available” 😄, he’s around, and nothing is happening.  An announcement could have been made.  

• Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, RoyD3 said:

I guess my question would be do you really think Grothe is completely out of the know and is just making things up? I really can't believe he would have any reason to do that.

Maybe in an attempt to stay in the spotlight, not sure how connected he is nowadays, I hope he was right.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Well as @JTrue said he’s “available” 😄, he’s around, and nothing is happening.  An announcement could have been made.  

Maybe contact negotiations are a sticking point?  I can only hope

1 minute ago, RoyD3 said:

I think he could have been played, as they say.  I hope I’m wrong.  Grothe also said “Leavitt or Larry Scott”.  I think he left happy with that and it could be Larry Scott.  

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Maybe contact negotiations are a sticking point?  I can only hope

I don’t think Leavitt would allow negotiations to stick.