• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing Official Yet but....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

From everything I read Elliot was the one who orchestrated that offense. Elliot was also the main recruiter of FL and the Bay Area. 

can you link a credible source for that? Scott was listed as a top 25 recruiter on rivals almost every year he has been at clemson. not Elliott. Scott won recruiter of the year too. Not Elliott.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

From everything I read Elliot was the one who orchestrated that offense. Elliot was also the main recruiter of FL and the Bay Area. 

Humm...from what I read Scott played a key role in recruiting Florida and helped install the offense on a weekly basis. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

can you link a credible source for that? Scott was listed as a top 25 recruiter on rivals almost every year he has been at clemson. not Elliott. Scott won recruiter of the year too. Not Elliott.

Elliott was arguably the better one of the two. Still happy to get one of them from Clemson.

7 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Elliott was arguably the better one of the two. Still happy to get one of them from Clemson.

Elliott had primary play calling duties while scott was the lead recruiter.

Like NEB said Scott still had a lot to do with running that offense. Plus he is going to bring his dad on as an advisor.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I'm NOT saying Scott isn't known as a great recruiter. Just that Elliot was the one who was the primary recruiter in FL.

I know you said credible but here is a article from TDS talking about Elliot's TB recruiting. There are more but I just dont have time to search for them right now.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/platform/amp/2019/12/4/20993696/tds-usf-football-search-committee-roundtable-willie-taggart-tony-elliot-clemson-fsu-lane-kiffin-fau?utm_campaign=thedailystampede&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by TakeItOrLeavitt

17 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

I'm NOT saying Scott isn't known as a great recruiter. Just that Elliot was the one who was the primary recruiter in FL.

I know you said credible but here is a article from TDS talking about Elliot's TB recruiting. There are more but I just dont have time to search for them right now.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/platform/amp/2019/12/4/20993696/tds-usf-football-search-committee-roundtable-willie-taggart-tony-elliot-clemson-fsu-lane-kiffin-fau?utm_campaign=thedailystampede&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I would have been happy with either one. Jeff Scott is going to bring his father with him. Tons of experience there. they were paid the same and split duties.

3. Jeff Scott splits his responsibilities with Tony Elliott

Scott is co-offensive coordinator at Clemson along with running backs coach Tony Elliott. Elliott has been the Tigers’ primary play-caller over the four years of this arrangement. Scott, meanwhile has handled most of the recruiting responsibilities. In each of the past four seasons, Scott has ranked as one of the top 25 recruiters in the country according to 247 Sports,

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2019/12/06/jeff-scott-clemson-ole-miss-coaching-search-rumors/2618444001/

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

29 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

The rivals site list recruits he was responsible for over the last 5 cycles and there are quite a few 4 and 5 star guys that he recruited and Elliot did not...

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235

5 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

The rivals site list recruits he was responsible for over the last 5 cycles and there are quite a few 4 and 5 star guys that he recruited and Elliot did not...

Joey reported that some of the area recruits Scott was credited with were actually co recruited by Elliot. But I'm sure the same could be said vice versa. Idk.. Hopefully he wins a conference championship before he bolts.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

4 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Joey reported that some of the area recruits Scott was credited with were actually co recruited by Elliot. But I'm sure the same could be said vice versa. Idk.. Hopefully he wins a conference championship before he bolts.

That was Ray Ray...Scott did not recruit him and the rivals site didnt list him as well as others in Flordia that he didnt recruit..that was the exact correction to Greg's son...these recruits listed are solely credited to Scott...I would list those names but they are behind a paywall...

Edited by DJBulls

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

I think a coach with local pedigree that is known for recruiting beyond Florida is a plus. Someone who knows the local and national landscapes can never hurt.