• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Apology or Not?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s what I was thinking...which would not be fair to the new coach and will separate the fan base. It’s almost become like supporting a political party now. People are getting pissy on both sides on the debate. MK has a big big decision. The idea of JK coming back is starting to grow on me...a little. 

Yeah cause it will kill two birds with one stone. If CJL comes back and wins then all are happy. If he comes back and loses than all will be ready to move on from Leavitt 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Just say no to JK! Yes to JL.

My bad JL

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually I never did know the man. That’s why I used the word “maybe”. Not too many in this board actually “knew” the man. That being said you totally ignored the second part of my post...I was actually beginning to think he could be a decent hire when compared to Willie. Jeeze...you Leavitt people are starting to be like ucf national champs people. You know it is ok to question the great CJL...it is ok...

Blasphemer

9EF54D81-0128-4D47-AA83-C4670819EC2E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't think there's much more harm to do, really.   If Kelly goes with another rental coach or Leavitt, the only way is up.  Or, we just shut it down.  Those few still left are likely in it until the end regardless.

Fair point. If Leavitt come back he would be here until he retires which is a positive...but man please hire a decent OC...that will be more key than anything for his success. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Fair point. If Leavitt come back he would be here until he retires which is a positive...but man please hire a decent OC...that will be more key than anything for his success. 

He has to win to be able to retire as a USF HC. If he loses then he gets fired legitimately which was not the case in the first place.

Just now, Bull Daly said:

He has to win to be able to retire as a USF HC. If he loses then he gets fired legitimately which was not the case in the first place.

True 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think many non Leavitt supports will still welcome him back...I know I would. But I wonder if the opposite occurs (Leavitt not getting the job) will that crowd support the new hire or will nick pick every small issue that could occur. 

When I say "support", I'm talking financially. The non Leavitt, ie USF, supporters have been here all along and even though I've only seen one on here that would pull that support if he's rehired, I have no idea how many others like that are out there. My gut says not many. If it's not Leavitt, I couldn't care less if his supporters nit pick everything to death as long as they keep supporting. The non-USF fans who left with him obviously wouldn't be back, unless they suddenly wised up and saw the light.

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

True 

And so far in USF track record for football, losing is unacceptable. Both Holtz & Strong found out the hard way.  CWT was very lucky to survive which is why I can’t blame him too much for jumping ship as he knew he was one bad season away from getting fired. Bottom line is he would of got fired if we were like FSU

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was actually beginning to think he could be a decent hire when compared to Willie.

No ****!  Towers above Willie in terms of ability.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

23 minutes ago, Brad said:

True, but some of the missing 40,000 are a direct result of the Leavitt sacking.

Hopefully a 4 digit decimal percentage ....