• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Apology or Not?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I’m not a huge fan of the idea of bringing CJL back, although I wouldn’t be upset if they did. I liked CJL. I just don’t think he’s the best option for USF at this time.

All that said - there is no reason the university can’t rehire him. Legally, it only takes both parties to agree to modify the settlement agreement. Will that happen? I think it’s unlikely, but certainly possible. I’d give it a 10% chance.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Supposedly yes, according to FootballScoop and the fact that Kelly has communicated with him this calendar year.

It's still a long shot.  It's the kind of move that makes you a hero and/or a loser.  Me....

World Series Of Poker GIF by PokerStars

A divided house cannot stand.  Fix the mistakes and move on.  Bring the herd back together by action and not hashtags.  

That is a great point. USF could make all of this right if they want to. Would unite the fans and move forward. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard from fans of other schools saying to me that USF should have never fired Leavitt. They can put all that to rest

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Well, I reckon this is where we diverge. I'm voting: No CJL 2.0, No CWT 2.0.  

'Cause I never was any good at that whole break-up-to-make-up routine. 

For the record, I'd take you back too, Wooly.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I can’t EVER see CJL show remorse it apologize for what happened. Maybe his religious conversion would help but I still wonder. That being said I would say “that was in the past and we are looking to the future.”

If I have choice between CWT and CJL I’ll take CJL all day long. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

If you think it was a religious conversion you are only disclosing you never knew the man.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

but has Jim Leavitt, in 2019, expressed a documented interest in returning to USF? 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Supposedly yes, according to FootballScoop and the fact that Kelly has communicated with him this calendar year.

I haven't seen the Football Scoop thing but I'm hard pressed to think it was documented but the documented communication, if you can believe Twitter, between MK and CJL is pretty **** intriguing ,,,,

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

If you think it was a religious conversion you are only disclosing you never knew the man.

True. Leavitt has always thanked the Lord since I recall while coaching at USF. He especially kept telling everyone how blessed he was to be able to work and live in TB. This is his home and dream job. 

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

Actually I never did know the man. That’s why I used the word “maybe”. Not too many in this board actually “knew” the man. That being said you totally ignored the second part of my post...I was actually beginning to think he could be a decent hire when compared to Willie. Jeeze...you Leavitt people are starting to be like ucf national champs people. You know it is ok to question the great CJL...it is ok...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Brad said:

A divided house cannot stand.  Fix the mistakes and move on.  Bring the herd back together by action and not hashtags.

It's stood for 10 years because of non-shortsighted fans like you, puc, Faza, etc who have put their love of the university above the love of a coach. Whatever direction MK goes, and there's really nobody I'd rather have making this decision at this point in time, it will be in the best interest of USF, based on what options he had available.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

True. Leavitt has always thanked the Lord since I recall while coaching at USF. He especially kept telling everyone how blessed he was to be able to work and live in TB. This is his home and dream job. 

To say that his religious conversation does not have anything to do into how he could answer the OP’s question is disingenuous.