• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Apology or Not?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Nothing is quite as definitive as the word “may”.

B842B285-3F82-45C5-A5B6-3E956761D45C.jpeg

In other words, you ain’t coming back.  But, the dummies on this board can’t understand.

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Bausfkid said:

In other words, you ain’t coming back.  But, the dummies on this board can’t understand.

Except the fact he's being considered, and still in the running (many different signs point towards)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

Full disclosure - I’m a season ticket holder from day one and a fan of CJL and would like to see him return.  

My question is, if you’re MK and negotiating with CJL to return, do you also reach an agreement with him on how he’ll respond to all the questions regarding his last departure?  These questions will start immediately with the first press conference, and USF will also have to respond.  I would think it would be very important for both parties to be aligned out of the gate. 

Do you:

A) Make him admit guilt, show remorse and say he’s had time to become a “better person” and happy for another shot, and USF go with the whole “we feel he’s paid his price”?

B) Let him continue denying things, and USF simply go with “that was in the past and we’re about putting the right person at the right time” now?

C) Both parties go with “no comment”?

Personally, I go with A. I wouldn’t make him go into details about what he’s guilty of (slapping, lying, or whatever) but something that says he didn’t do everything the way he should have and no comment after that. 

What I don’t know is that if somehow admitting any type of guilt would have an impact on his earlier settlement with USF. But then again, it would be USF’s option to take any action so I would think that would be all addressed in the new agreement. 

A and pay back the money he sued us for.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,240
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bausfkid said:

If it is that concrete you spell out a not eligible for rehire policy, the policy was purposefully written with ambiguity so as to allow for rehires if need be.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

Is there any way to pull up the investigation report? Does anyone have it saved in the computer or interwebz?

Might be good to go back a re-read it in the context of all of this.

I remember something along the lines of Grothe stating on record that he was shocked at what he had witnessed from CJL and Ben Busbee also said it crossed the line and Leavitt telling Grothe that him of all people should back him up and stuff.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,609
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, zarnozdabull said:

Is there any way to pull up the investigation report? Does anyone have it saved in the computer or interwebz?

Might be good to go back a re-read it in the context of all of this.

I remember something along the lines of Grothe stating on record that he was shocked at what he had witnessed from CJL and Ben Busbee also said it crossed the line and Leavitt telling Grothe that him of all people should back him up and stuff.

Or I can sit on the lanai and watch my grass grow this time of year.  Not much benefit in doing either.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

Except the fact he's being considered, and still in the running (many different signs point towards)

He’s not.  Of that I can assure you.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Bausfkid said:

He’s not.  Of that I can assure you.

Source?

28 minutes ago, chrisdashley said:

Source?

Just trust me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Full disclosure - I’m a season ticket holder from day one and a fan of CJL and would like to see him return.  

My question is, if you’re MK and negotiating with CJL to return, do you also reach an agreement with him on how he’ll respond to all the questions regarding his last departure?  These questions will start immediately with the first press conference, and USF will also have to respond.  I would think it would be very important for both parties to be aligned out of the gate. 

Do you:

A) Make him admit guilt, show remorse and say he’s had time to become a “better person” and happy for another shot, and USF go with the whole “we feel he’s paid his price”?

B) Let him continue denying things, and USF simply go with “that was in the past and we’re about putting the right person at the right time” now?

C) Both parties go with “no comment”?

Personally, I go with A. I wouldn’t make him go into details about what he’s guilty of (slapping, lying, or whatever) but something that says he didn’t do everything the way he should have and no comment after that. 

What I don’t know is that if somehow admitting any type of guilt would have an impact on his earlier settlement with USF. But then again, it would be USF’s option to take any action so I would think that would be all addressed in the new agreement. 

Definitely C. It's been a decade, both parties have done their penance, time to move forward ....