• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Head Coach News Thread - tweets, news stories, etc.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, RoyD3 said:

Yes, to Missouri...why would he take USF over a P5 job...USF is not P5 and is not going to land one of the top coordinators from a team that has won mulitple national championships...pipe dream

Mizzou is hiring Eli Drinkwitz from Appy State.

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

Drinkwitz to Missouri and Jeff Scott to USF is all over Twitter right now.

From Clemson boards:

"There is a lot of chatter out there about Jeff Scott to USF. The AD there is Michael Kelly, a friend of mine who used to work for the ACC and knows all about the Clemson program and Jeff Scott. I am hearing there is a lot of validity to the rumors but I am still trying to confirm. For what it's worth, this would be a fantastic fit on both sides.

If that happens, I can see Tyler Grisham stepping into an increased role until a permanent fit is found."

Should be noted that Jeff Scott is widely considered to be one of the best recruiters in the country.  He doesn't recruit FL for Clemson, but he likely could adapt and get the right people.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, macphisto said:

From Clemson boards:

"There is a lot of chatter out there about Jeff Scott to USF. The AD there is Michael Kelly, a friend of mine who used to work for the ACC and knows all about the Clemson program and Jeff Scott. I am hearing there is a lot of validity to the rumors but I am still trying to confirm. For what it's worth, this would be a fantastic fit on both sides.

If that happens, I can see Tyler Grisham stepping into an increased role until a permanent fit is found."

HELL YES!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Drinkwitz to Missouri and Jeff Scott to USF is all over Twitter right now.

Agreed with Drinkwitz because that is an actual reported story. It was said on twitter that Jeff Scott had interviewed with Missouri, it hasn't said anything about him actually interviewing with USF, just peoples thoughts so far.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, RoyD3 said:

Yes, to Missouri...why would he take USF over a P5 job...USF is not P5 and is not going to land one of the top coordinators from a team that has won mulitple national championships...pipe dream

Jeff Scott to USF is on a variety of accounts now...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, RoyD3 said:

Agreed with Drinkwitz because that is an actual reported story. It was said on twitter that Jeff Scott had interviewed with Missouri, it hasn't said anything about him actually interviewing with USF, just peoples thoughts so far.

Kind of like Leavitt (people's thoughts that is).  But the Jeff Scott to USF train is picking up a ton of steam right now.

We will see...I am afraid that he will be in for a tough job to sell the fans...more empty seats at RayJay

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jeff Scott to USF is on a variety of accounts now...

Feedback loop. Nothing solid as of yet.

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

Kind of like Leavitt (people's thoughts that is).  But the Jeff Scott to USF train is picking up a ton of steam right now.

Could be because he didn't get the Mizzou job...why wouldn't he still want a P5 job over ours???