• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Head Coach News Thread - tweets, news stories, etc.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Can we get a thread dedicated to actual news posts, without a bunch of running commentary, so we can see the latest without having to click through 50 pages of commentary.

Suggest posting only news articles, tweets, and actual information pertaining to the coaching search here, so we can quickly find out the latest info. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I'll get it started:

Jomsq2M7_bigger.jpg

So I said on the pod we just taped I think USF ends up with a guy we haven’t heard about yet. This might be that guy: Jason Candle from Toledo. Been at Toledo for 11 years, the last four as head coach. Won a MAC title two years ago. Beast recruiter in Florida. He’s a fit.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/FSU-football-assistant-coach-Jim-Leavitt-no-longer-at-Florida-State-Seminoles-139944846/

Jim Leavitt no longer with FSU

ByBrendan Sonnone 46 minutes ago
  •  
  •  
  •  

Jim Leavitt is no longer with Florida State.

The assistant coach -- who joined the staff as an analyst while the season was ongoing and was promoted to a full-time assistant after Willie Taggart was fired last month -- is not with the program, Noles247’s Josh Newberg confirmed.

Noles247 also reached out to FSU for confirmation. The Athletic was the first to report that Leavitt left the program.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Appreciate the effort, BFIT, but this would be like trying to herd cats ......... plus you know we have a few of the look-at-me-types that always want to break away with their own threads.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

@Triple Bcould someone pin it.  Also, very interesting stuff on Leavitt.  Plot thickens?

That's a Brad call ..... There's just too many different conversations on this already going on to try and consolidate it. Plus, going thru all the threads is a good time killer while we wait, IMO.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

38 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/FSU-football-assistant-coach-Jim-Leavitt-no-longer-at-Florida-State-Seminoles-139944846/

Jim Leavitt no longer with FSU

ByBrendan Sonnone 46 minutes ago
  •  
  •  
  •  

Jim Leavitt is no longer with Florida State.

The assistant coach -- who joined the staff as an analyst while the season was ongoing and was promoted to a full-time assistant after Willie Taggart was fired last month -- is not with the program, Noles247’s Josh Newberg confirmed.

Noles247 also reached out to FSU for confirmation. The Athletic was the first to report that Leavitt left the program.

I understand why everyone is eating this up, but aren't we just talking about a guy who was brought in as an off-field consultant on a temporary contract under a head coach who's been fired? Why would FSU do anything other than let him go?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

For me, it is a surprise after this - " was promoted to a full-time assistant after Willie Taggart was fired last month".

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

For me, it is a surprise after this - " was promoted to a full-time assistant after Willie Taggart was fired last month".

How long was his contract for?