• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Leavitt actually in the Mix?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Why do some think that xCWT make a good OC?  Wasn't, "his" offense the one that almost got him canned.  It wasn't until he sought out Kinnan and let Q do his thing that the offense clicked.

This has been debunked so many time it is stupid. Taggart put in the work learning from Briles and Kinnan, taking concepts he learned from them in the film room and creating his OWN offense that he called to put the players HE recruited in the best position to succeed.  

Kinnan was not even an on field coach. He was paid to be an off field mentor. That offensive explosion was all work that Taggart did on the recruiting trails and in the film room. 

PERIOD

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I don't think there is any doubt he would consider being CWT's DC if the opportunity presented itself.  He already did it at Oregon and came on as a consultant at FSU

That seems to make sense but I wonder how comfortable he would be playing second fiddle in the house he built? It just seems odd he would want to do that. Maybe....if he has no other options and wants to be close to his mother in Florida. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

22 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Does anyone know who this guy is? I hope this is true, but don’t trust a random tweet. 

41 followers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Forget about CWT in the equation. I see no way that CJL would even consider coming back here in a lesser position than where he left. He can be DC somewhere else most likely, make more money, and not have to feel emaciated on a daily basis. How demeaning to think of going back to your old employer with a demotion. I sure as hell wouldn't do it in my position.

Working for Taggart and even being "demoted" somewhere else is one thing... going back to USF as anything less than HC just aint happenin'.

Best case is co-HCs or Leavitt as HC and CWT as asst HC/HCIW since CJL is getting older. CWT and CJL have some chemistry and if CWT is serious about settling down somewhere and was "happiest" in Tampa (I 100% believe his family was probably better here than WKU/Oregon/Tally), then, he may actually go for a slight demotion with the bigger job being his later down the road.

They are not going to do Co-HC's.  Nobody is going to go for that.   CWT is the key to the statement and the only way I think it could happen.  It could easily go the other way with CJL as HC

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That seems to make sense but I wonder how comfortable he would be playing second fiddle in the house he built? It just seems odd he would want to do that. Maybe....if he has no other options and wants to be close to his mother in Florida. 

If it's his only shot to come back here, then maybe.  But he could just as easy say thanks,  but no thanks.  Or it could all be nonsense

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

He turned down a position last time.  I think Willy wanted him as OC...or maybe another position.  There should be an article somewhere.  I think he actually accepted and then had second thoughts and stayed at Plant.  He's a great person and coach.  We'd be lucky to get him.  He was actually one of my high school teachers before he taught at Plant.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/4450849-usf-bulls-coach-robert-weiner-returns-to-plant-high-school-willie-taggart
wr coach. Accepted then backed out

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

41 followers.

Yeah, not exactly deeply connected, but probably knows folks at Plant HS which is who I'm guessing he is referring to

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

41 followers.

so credible then?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Does anyone know who this guy is? I hope this is true, but don’t trust a random tweet. 

Well per his Twitter, he is a member here.

Perhaps he can elaborate in this thread?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Taggart put in the work learning from Briles and Kinnan, taking concepts he learned from them in the film room and creating his OWN offense that he called to put the players HE recruited in the best position to succeed. 

This is true, but it's not the whole story.  xCWT went 4-8 and started 1-3 with Flowers on the team.  If his hand wasn't forced, wouldn't he have implemented his, "OWN" offense during the off-season between 2014 and 2015 instead of during the Syracuse game?

If he gets hired, I hope he's flexible enough to adjust the offense to his players, I'm just not totally convinced that he is.