• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Leavitt actually in the Mix?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

I expect a minimum of 7 head butts in the opening press conference...

You think MK will be shocked when he gets butted for the first time??? There just CJL Love Taps

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

For those that want CJL and CWT... the only possible scenario is co-HCs, but, that is crazy talk... along with anyone who thinks CJL would even consider being our DC.

(in other news... God I hope this tweet is real, #bringhimhome!)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Whoever gets the gig should definitely bring Plant Coach Robert Weiner on board ..... he already does a great job of recruiting the Bay Area ... 😉

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

For those that want CJL and CWT... the only possible scenario is co-HCs, but, that is crazy talk... along with anyone who thinks CJL would even consider being our DC.

(in other news... God I hope this tweet is real, #bringhimhome!)

I don't think there is any doubt he would consider being CWT's DC if the opportunity presented itself.  He already did it at Oregon and came on as a consultant at FSU

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Whoever gets the gig should definitely bring Plant Coach Robert Weiner on board ..... he already does a great job of recruiting the Bay Area ... 😉

He turned down a position last time.  I think Willy wanted him as OC...or maybe another position.  There should be an article somewhere.  I think he actually accepted and then had second thoughts and stayed at Plant.  He's a great person and coach.  We'd be lucky to get him.  He was actually one of my high school teachers before he taught at Plant.

Edited by bullstampede9922

2 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

He turned down a position last time.  I think Willy wanted him as OC...or maybe another position.  There should be an article somewhere.  I think he actually accepted and then had second thoughts and stayed at Plant.

No way OC.  Maybe a position coach or quality control or something.  See Willie knows what's up.  Might as well lock down to local HS coach already leading the area in recruiting

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

36 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Here’s a scenario.

Leavitt - HC

Taggart - OC

34 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

or Taggart - HC

Leavitt - DC

I'm good either way - one of them would have to work for the other one and Leavitt is the one who has already done that.

That guarantees at least one sticking around, bringing consistency to program. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Why do some think that xCWT make a good OC?  Wasn't, "his" offense the one that almost got him canned.  It wasn't until he sought out Kinnan and let Q do his thing that the offense clicked.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

No way OC.  Maybe a position coach or quality control or something.  See Willie knows what's up.  Might as well lock down to local HS coach already leading the area in recruiting

Yeah, it was receivers coach.  Sounded great at the time locking down a successful local high school coach.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I don't think there is any doubt he would consider being CWT's DC if the opportunity presented itself.  He already did it at Oregon and came on as a consultant at FSU

Forget about CWT in the equation. I see no way that CJL would even consider coming back here in a lesser position than where he left. He can be DC somewhere else most likely, make more money, and not have to feel emaciated on a daily basis. How demeaning to think of going back to your old employer with a demotion. I sure as hell wouldn't do it in my position.

Working for Taggart and even being "demoted" somewhere else is one thing... going back to USF as anything less than HC just aint happenin'.

Best case is co-HCs or Leavitt as HC and CWT as asst HC/HCIW since CJL is getting older. CWT and CJL have some chemistry and if CWT is serious about settling down somewhere and was "happiest" in Tampa (I 100% believe his family was probably better here than WKU/Oregon/Tally), then, he may actually go for a slight demotion with the bigger job being his later down the road.

• Upvote 2