• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

KJ Sails Speaks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He had the opportunity to do better but he is married to his system. We have gone down this path before and no one is building a pro style offensive line here. Even while laying on this coaching regimes death bed KB was still preaching the success of his offense and staying the course, this would have been a fools errand that we are lucky we only chased for one season this time. 

couldn't agree more.

he wasn't willing to adapt. he was going down with his ship.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,263
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, puc86 said:

He had the opportunity to do better but he is married to his system. We have gone down this path before and no one is building a pro style offensive line here. Even while laying on this coaching regimes death bed KB was still preaching the success of his offense and staying the course, this would have been a fools errand that we are lucky we only chased for one season this time. 

I agree with the formation thing to a point.  He had largely low talent players that he wasn't familiar with while trying to catch CS's style and expectations.  He first needed to learn what each player was capable of, what they have been taught over the years that has to be remediated, who is coming in that can run either a pro or spread.  Look to the future for recruits that fit his system and a host of other things that probably either one of us knows about.

I am not a Bell fan.  Hell, I had to look him up when we hired him.  But my background has shown to me that if an organization does not allow enough time for success, then failure isn't necessarily the fault of the employee.  If I were Bell and this happened to me, I would tell the whole organization to kiss my ora, Dora.  It's real angora. (for the Frank Zappa fans out there).

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,855
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Next season he was going to invent the 14 step drop, the guy is a genius after all he won a DII championship once and we all know all the greats that have done that. Like what’s his face, that other guy and who the **** is that.

Brian Kelly

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Brian Kelly

So the most recent example was from 16 years ago and a guy that proved himself at Central Michigan before progressing thru coaching levels?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,613
  • Days Won:  108

12 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Who is Tony Elliott 

A NASCAR driver's brother?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

In fairness... the team practiced all spring and fall with a pro-style QB who in theory fit Bell's system. I'm not defending him, but, I suspect that it is really hard to install a new offense mid season when you realize that your pro-style guy has happy feet and your OL is terrible.

In my profession, I have learned my greatest lessons from my mistakes. Apply this to Bell or Scott, or anyone else we're talking about... people are capable of adapting and improving. Hopefully no one is written off by a single season's performance or one choke/slap.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,855
  • Days Won:  33

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So the most recent example was from 16 years ago and a guy that proved himself at Central Michigan before progressing thru coaching levels?

He won back to back DII National Championships at Grand Valley State before going to Central Michigan

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

In fairness... the team practiced all spring and fall with a pro-style QB who in theory fit Bell's system. I'm not defending him, but, I suspect that it is really hard to install a new offense mid season when you realize that your pro-style guy has happy feet and your OL is terrible.

In my profession, I have learned my greatest lessons from my mistakes. Apply this to Bell or Scott, or anyone else we're talking about... people are capable of adapting and improving. Hopefully no one is written off by a single season's performance or one choke/slap.

our pro-style QB had 79 yards passing and 3 points in 3 quarters against one of the worst defenses in the country under Bell.

nobody looked any better by the end of the season in his offense.

I'm sure he will be fine and he will learn from his mistakes. I'm just glad it won't be here.

4 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

BB is the greatest proof that KB's system wasn't going to work, he couldn't pass the 50 in that offense. That KB went thru camp and did not realize he could not go into the season with an offense that could not move the ball at all is almost as damning of his future as the fact that not one person or thing improved under his tutelage. 

5 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

He won back to back DII National Championships at Grand Valley State before going to Central Michigan

I am aware that 16 years ago he did this, then moved up some, then moved up a little more and then moved up again but I am not sure that necessarily speaks to overall next level success of DII coaches.