• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rut-Row Here Comes Slick Willie!!!! He’s Getting Warmer!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Sounds like the MBB hunt before hiring Stan ...

wasn't that before Orlando? at least that was covered by legit media with real sources.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

No comment is a pretty big comment

It's all about the delivery. Wish there was video.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, OnTheBus said:

It's all about the delivery. Wish there was video.

I would love to know how that answer to that question could be delivered positively. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would love to know how that answer to that question could be delivered positively. 

Watching the video,  his body language was still very positive and upbeat. There was no hint of ill will or hidden intent. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

wasn't that before Orlando? at least that was covered by legit media with real sources.

Before COA was the Massiello disaster. There were several coaches that turned down the job before Stan got it, including Gregg Marshall, currently at Wichita State, when he was at Winthrop.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, TromBull12 said:

Watching the video,  his body language was still very positive and upbeat. There was no hint of ill will or hidden intent. 

I don't think he was being mean or disparaging but he was pretty forthright on every other question and he certainly didn't do CWT any favors by not offering anything beyond a quick and abrupt no comment (most typically that isn't a positive response and I am pretty sure Q and every person that reads this or watches the video knows that). 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Before COA was the Massiello disaster. There were several coaches that turned down the job before Stan got it, including Gregg Marshall, currently at Wichita State, when he was at Winthrop.

that's right.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don't think he was being mean or disparaging but he was pretty forthright on every other question and he certainly didn't do CWT any favors by not offering anything beyond a quick and abrupt no comment (most typically that isn't a positive response and I am pretty sure Q and every person that reads this or watches the video knows that). 

or maybe you're just reading into it what you want.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I have been reading the "behind the paywall" stuff over at Rivals and all in all it is actually pretty good content, not necessarily elite booster level content but significantly more than the average fan would get. I don't know if board donors here get to hear anything similar if they've donated enough. 

All I'll say is that MK is working his way down the list, the hire may come out of left field, and at least 3 of the top candidates that have been mentioned have already said no. It's mostly 247 and the TBT working the CWT angle.

At this point I want to see Leavitt if he's open for it just because of the shot in the arm the program would get for a year or two. The Big East fan base would show up just because of him, at least until they realize what a rebuild we have in store. 

Who exactly at are these 3 top candidates?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,075
  • Days Won:  2

41 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we just paid charlie strong $5M per year. 16th highest in the country. yeah nobody wants a payday like that.

look what this job did for Taggart. He parlayed it into $30M+ in 3 years.

The job would look more attractive if the SCHOOL would pay for the IPF and an OCS and take the initiative that almost every other D1 school has at some point in the past.  The only time we spend any real money on athletics is in buyouts...which is sad.