• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
NewEnglandBull

Rut-Row Here Comes Slick Willie!!!! He’s Getting Warmer!!!

Can we recap the facts here?

Willie has been contacted. Do we know anything else concrete?

4 minutes ago, negron2002 said:

If you are questioning my intelligence then lets look at the trend:   He was a losing  HC at three of his four schools.   Yes he has recruited outstanding classes.  To that point and yours he has not taken advantage of his reciting.   By the way he had 4 wins and 5 lose in the PAC 12 in his only year at Oregon.  And yes I happen to be Very SMART, but I prefer "INTELLIGENT"

Wow, did you just look up wins and losses?  The guy took over a Western Kentucky program (rebuild) that was 0-12 and improved it to 7-5 in 2 seasons.  He came in at USF (another rebuild) when we were 3-9 with an empty cupboard thanks to Skip and got us to 10-2.  He was at Oregon 1 season and took them from 4-8 to 7-5.... You notice any trends here?  

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

again you didn't look at the trend.

WKU(coming in 26 game losing streak)

2-10    7-5    7-5

USF(3-9)

2-10    4-8   8-4    10-2

Oregon(4-8)

7-5

you forgot FSU 

5-7

4-5

5 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Since its been widely reported that Taggart never signed his contract with FSU and that the university may want to get out of some or all of the $18M owed to him, I think that USF would want some resolution to that particularly if FSU will still owe money to CWT.

For example, I don't think USF would care if CWT was making $5M a year if they were only kicking in $1M of it, but doubt they or CWT would want to sign up for anything not knowing what FSU is kicking in.

Those contract disputes typically don't get resolved quickly and for that reason I don't suspect CWT becomes the next HC.

This is way too good of a point to have been lost in the constant "Taggart was good" "Nuh uh" "Yeah huh" "Nuh uh"

Taggart's FSU contract has got to be a sticking point for everyone.  FSU can't try to renege on it til they get their next coach (would be terrible look for prospective hirees), Taggart can't realistically price himself until he knows his payout situation, and USF can't write up a favorable contract for all parties (a la Strong's first two years offset by Texas....) until it's resolved.

(And no I'm not saying Charlie's contract was good for us in full, everything after first two years was awful for us)

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Taggart - Coach,

Kerwin Bell OC,

Shaun King WR coach

Kade Bell TE, Special Teams

Pimpelton - Running back

Defense - Bring back Brian Jean-Marie

I'm good with our defensive coaches. I feel they are building  a good defense. 

I doubt Taggart would keep KB as OC. Taggs would run the GCO, which King is familiar with, so he'd likely be the OC.

2 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Wow, did you just look up wins and losses?  The guy took over a Western Kentucky program (rebuild) that was 0-12 and improved it to 7-5 in 2 seasons.  He came in at USF (another rebuild) when we were 3-9 with an empty cupboard thanks to Skip and got us to 10-2.  He was at Oregon 1 season and took them from 4-8 to 7-5.... You notice any trends here?  

All I am saying is that we need a HC with new ideas and not a retread.  

Just now, negron2002 said:

Not what you said. 

Myself and NEB are saying that 

3 minutes ago, negron2002 said:

you forgot FSU 

5-7

4-5

if they let him finish season he is likely 6-6. but of course you knew that.

3 minutes ago, negron2002 said:

sure those ideas that led us to 11-2 are just so stale.....like recruiting NFL players and running an offense tailor made for Florida high school players. Setting a record for most 30+ point games in a row or designing and running a top 5 offense.

who wants any of that??

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

we aren't louisville. their athletic department is dirty. clearly Strong needed them to hire a cheater from miami that eventually got a show cause suspension for dirty recruiting in order for him to win there.

Taggart was able to bring in 3 straight #1 AAC classes without the facilities or cheating.

I completely agree with everything you've said about Taggart, but you're trying to talk sense into people who aren't open to that. The guy completely turned the program around, and somehow he's the guy that people love to hate here. I really don't get it.