• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

Josh Newberg's Take on Coaching Search

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good info. I miss when Josh was more involved with USF.

Whew what a day. Can I just say that I really like where Kelly's head is with this one - get a Tampa guy who is bought into the University, the city, and wants to be here. Everyone will seem promising

Y’all realize that if I brought up a candidate with Larry’s resume (just that this candidate never coached/played at usf), you would laugh? If it is an offensive-minded coach who calls the plays, mayb

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That was actually mentioned by some sportscaster.  I think they said he was a 3* recruit.  Maybe even played QB in HS???

Listed as an athlete but played QB.

37 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I’m with you, he was my top choice before strong and nothing has changed. We need offense and he brings it. I also like Graham Harrell but he isn’t getting a lot of traction, he did a great job with USC’s QB room though. 

Bell offense scored more with less qb and less players than Harrell did vs BYU. 

31 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That was my point.  He got the players here and figured out how to maximize them.  I'll take that again from whoever gets the job and if it means they get poached in 3-4 years so be it.  Hopefully this AD is smart enough to do it again and again and again

I'm aware, I was agreeing 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think we can hire CWT. Can’t go home again and all that.

However, if it happens he better not bring Woodie with him. I’m still bitter about 2016 and that Temple game.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Bell offense scored more with less qb and less players than Harrell did vs BYU. 

Sounds like me when I was an undergrad...

3 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

However, if it happens he better not bring Woodie with him. I’m still bitter about 2016 and that Temple game.

Great point...he better have a decent D Cord on his radar. Que in Puc and Jimbo...😀

3 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

Just said the same thing. I would be fine with Woody as a position coach or recruiting coordinator. Pretty sure I'd burn down the athletics building if he became DC 

4 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

Worse than 4th and 24?

I wasn't in love with Woody, but, I don't know how you possibly prepare kids to try to play through a full back running at them full speed and diving at their knees. BS "blocking" by that kid.