• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Newberg's Take on Coaching Search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Every coach we have will leave when the P5 knocks... just to add to my list above:

Mike Norvell, Memphis to FSU.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

28 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I really don't get the logic when people try to use this point.  You're penalizing the coach for recruiting well and then utilizing the players he recruited?  

Image result for um ok

That was my point.  He got the players here and figured out how to maximize them.  I'll take that again from whoever gets the job and if it means they get poached in 3-4 years so be it.  Hopefully this AD is smart enough to do it again and again and again

4 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

I could see it. He made his jack.  Learned his "dream job" wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.   Might change his mind in a few years, but if we are winning games in the mean time, then so be it

8 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Only way I want Taggart back is if brings QF, MM and RA with him.  They should make him fork over a couple of mill to the IPF as part of the contract.  He’s got a extra few laying around.

He won't have those guys, but he can get the next crop.  And they just might do that, never know

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Does MK really want his first football hire to be Taggart 2.0?

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Does MK really want his first football hire to be Taggart 2.0?

He wants his football hire to win games, build fan base, and help raise money.   Didn't MK leave a job for the USF opportunity.  Not sure why he would hold it against someone else for doing the same

Edited by chapelbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

He wants his football hire to win games, build fan base, and help raise money.   Didn't MK leave a job for the USF opportunity.  Not sure why he would hold it against someone else for doing the same

He said he wanted someone ambitious, Taggart definitely checks that box. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

I think CWT would settle down here like CSH at LTech. I don't think he'd get a P5 offer ever, or at least for a long time -- it would seem the AAC is the limit of his competency and his job hopping wouldn't endear to many ADs.

I like that he understands the type of offense that needs to be run here and the type of players to look for. He is charismatic but his gimmicks run thin if he's not winning. It's also a plus that FSU would be subsidizing his pay. I would hope that he's learned enough to build a competent defensive staff versus hand things over to Raymond Woodie.

I'm most afraid that his recruiting would take a hit. I think it's going to be tough to sell "We're building something here at South Florida Oregon Florida State South Florida again'" and convince a recruit you're serious this time. I do have a problem with the way he left so he'd better turn things around. I also think his hire would probably rub some boosters the wrong way.

Edited by TheUpperHand

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

This would probably be his first commit.

https://247sports.com/Player/Willie-Taggart-Jr-46046636/