• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

WWMJD

Josh Newberg's Take on Coaching Search

NO to Willie T.   I watched several FSU games the past two years.  Willie T had the same confused look on his face that he had while at USF.  I do not think he is the answer.  I throw my support for Larry Scott as HC.   

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

clearly you're not over it. you just compared him to a girl that cheated on you.

he took a better job. one that paid him 3 times what he was getting here. every single person on here would do the same. and if they say different then they aren't being honest.

I’m over Willie Taggart. I saw that same deer in the headlights, fish out of water face at FSU as I saw here. I am not a fan. He’s a snake oil salesmen that was figured out. If you want to ride his jock, feel free to. Let’s agree to disagree because you’ve bored me with this.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T-Man said:

NO to Willie T.   I watched several FSU games the past two years.  Willie T had the same confused look on his face that he had while at USF.  I do not think he is the answer.  I throw my support for Larry Scott as HC.   

Great minds think alike....we were posting the same thing at the exact same time. 

:) I would also look at Blackwell at OC, as long as we can retain S King in the mix!

3 minutes ago, T-Man said:

yeah let's hire a guy whose 1 year as an OC his offense was #118 in the country. Not the guy who ran a top 5 offense here......

genius.

if a confused look on your face gets us to 11-2 then sign me up.

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I’m over Willie Taggart. I saw that same deer in the headlights, fish out of water face at FSU as I saw here. I am not a fan. He’s a snake oil salesmen that was figured out. If you want to ride his jock, feel free to. Let’s agree to disagree because you’ve bored me with this.

I'm not riding his jock. winning is all that matters and he has shown he can win here.

you clearly think holding a grudge is more important than winning.

Y’all realize that if I brought up a candidate with Larry’s resume (just that this candidate never coached/played at usf), you would laugh? If it is an offensive-minded coach who calls the plays, maybe he can be your O-Coord. Head coach??! gtfo

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Y’all realize that if I brought up a candidate with Larry’s resume (just that this candidate never coached/played at usf), you would laugh? If it is an offensive-minded coach who calls the plays, maybe he can be your O-Coord. Head coach??! gtfo

exactly.

12 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Only way I want Taggart back is if brings QF, MM and RA with him.  They should make him fork over a couple of mill to the IPF as part of the contract.  He’s got a extra few laying around.

I've fallen behind a bit and catching up saw this post.  Did anyone else see that Rutgers, in their agreement with Schiano, says they'll build the facilities when he raises 50% of the funds?  No link since I saw it scrolling on ESPN yesterday.  Chuckles wanted the facilities but didn't want to put in the work of raising the money.  Texas spoiled him.

Edited by CousinRicky

55 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

clearly you're not over it. you just compared him to a girl that cheated on you.

he took a better job. one that paid him 3 times what he was getting here. every single person on here would do the same. and if they say different then they aren't being honest.

Let’s say you are an employer, and an employee leaves you for a competitor and bad mouths your company on the way out. He then leaves that job after a year for another gig, which he gets fired from. Then he wants to come back to you.

Do you forgive that employee for bailing the first time and insulting you in the process?