• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF V Furman: game discussion thread.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

If we can somehow squeek into the NIT this year that would be a huge accomplishment.  I don't think it will happen, I thought we were a solid NCAA bubble team this year preseason.  The loss of Lex and Kiir is huge.  BG seems frustrated with the style the have been forced to play.  I give him credit for making the change that had to be done, most coaches would continue to try the square peg in the round hole.  at least he is trying to coach them up

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 hours ago, bcgruber said:

If we can somehow squeek into the NIT this year that would be a huge accomplishment.  I don't think it will happen, I thought we were a solid NCAA bubble team this year preseason.  The loss of Lex and Kiir is huge.  BG seems frustrated with the style the have been forced to play.  I give him credit for making the change that had to be done, most coaches would continue to try the square peg in the round hole.  at least he is trying to coach them up

Adjusting the style of play to better suit the players that are on the team.

What a novel and brilliant idea!  Too bad nobody told our football coaching staff this ingenious idea!

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 hours ago, Triple B said:

One game doesn't turn a corner, IMO. We can talk after the USU and FSU games. Those games should be key in seeing how far the team has progressed after having to make the significant changes with the loss of the two players ...  and I think we have improved but not enough to say a corner was turned.

Yeah totally makes sense.

Beating Furman who we know is a good team is an encouraging sign.  I too think we improve as we learn to play without these 2 big men.  CBG gives us a chance at least because of his ability to adjust to the talent on the floor.

But we kind of are who we are.  We will be handicapped this year without Yetna who was a force inside and rebounding machine. As we all know.

USU and FSU will be really tough matchups for us with their inside presence.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

Furman is taking #14 Auburn into OT.

SEC Network