• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Don’t expect

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Taggart had #1 AAC class when he came in. It's possible whoever we hire actually signs a better class.

Possible but not very likely considering they have moved the Recruiting date to December.  I know there is still one in February, but all the good ones go in December.....that leaves little to no time for the new coaches that come in.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

So you would have rather kept CCS so that our Recruiting class stayed in tact.  Is that what you are saying?

I'll sacrifice a little lower rating for one year of recruiting for the return on a better coach that actually has a chance to compete in the future any day of the week!

No absolutely not. I feel like this was probably the best choice but it’s hard to ignore the fact that a lot of our fan base has zero patience. It may take a season or two to get back to where we want, I’m just hoping that we don’t jump the gun too quickly on calling for firings. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Possible but not very likely considering they have moved the Recruiting date to December.  I know there is still one in February, but all the good ones go in December.....that leaves little to no time for the new coaches that come in.

The concern for me for this current cycle is bringing in a coordinator for a P5 school.  They would likely not be able convince a kid to follow him to USF.  Let's say we go for one of the Clemson guys.  This recruiting class will be almost a complete loss unless he can convince Charlie's kids to stay.  Not saying in the long run it isn't the right move but we will take a hit this year.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The concern for me for this current cycle is bringing in a coordinator for a P5 school.  They would likely not be able convince a kid to follow him to USF.  Let's say we go for one of the Clemson guys.  This recruiting class will be almost a complete loss unless he can convince Charlie's kids to stay.  Not saying in the long run it isn't the right move but we will take a hit this year.

I think a well-known coordinator, i.e. Jeff Scott, would be able to keep our class intact and probably add to it.

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

No absolutely not. I feel like this was probably the best choice but it’s hard to ignore the fact that a lot of our fan base has zero patience. It may take a season or two to get back to where we want, I’m just hoping that we don’t jump the gun too quickly on calling for firings. 

I agree, this thing is not going to be turned around over night.  We have to give it 2-3 years I think.  The new guy is inheriting a mess, and he also has to change the overall culture of losing.  Thats not easy to do and takes time.  Plus he has to bring in better athletes.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I think transfers will play a key role whichever way we decide to go.

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I think a well-known coordinator, i.e. Jeff Scott, would be able to keep our class intact and probably add to it.

Jeff Scott is supposedly a great recruiter and is a Florida guy.  He would definately have a chance to save this class and bring in even more, I agree.  Plus he has been part of the winning program in the land that last few years.....Jeff Scott is definately my top choice.  I hope we get him.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

I think transfers will play a key role whichever way we decide to go.

I agree, we would need to hit the portal hard and grab some transfers and JUCOs.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I agree, this thing is not going to be turned around over night.  We have to give it 2-3 years I think.  The new guy is inheriting a mess, and he also has to change the overall culture of losing.  Thats not easy to do and takes time.  Plus he has to bring in better athletes.

yes and yes.  Like others are saying transfers will play a huge role this next season. 

43 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

not so. even if you go by average we are in 4-5 range according to 24/7

we can't have nice things. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I think that would be a problem no matter who we hire outside of the program. You can also expect a few kids who are here now to transfer out. It happens. Next year could be a bumpy one.