• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Potential Coaches from Tampa Times

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Well yeah, it was conjecture, duh, but not without a whole lot of evidence at the time.  FACT - he never won a bowl game, championship, etc., but hey, remember things how you want to.  

The only "evidence" you could possibly come up with supporting the 2 games away from being fired stuff would be posts from message board AD wannabe's .... and the way I remember things is that our record improved every year he was here. So I can assume with this stance on his time here, you would have fired him after the 4th year with no bowl wins or conf championships?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

What about Jason Candel, Toledo (formerly at Mt. Union)?

6 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

Really though, I hope someone at least sees what Steve thinks. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to stay retired. I could see him going the Paterno route and coaching till he kicks the bucket (without a marred legacy). I for one, welcome the Steve Spurrier comeback tour, with marquee victories over Alabama, Florida, and more (and of course never losing to UCF). He coached in the AAF, so I can't imagine he's opposed to the G5. It would be a comfy job.

As much as I hated him while in Gainesville, did a total 180 with his Banditball time here. Wouldn't have a problem at all with him here.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This may reach the longest thread in history of the Internet. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

I’d like to see Shaun King stay with the program. It would be a mistake to let him go. He will fit in well on Leavitt’s staff! 

Absolutely need a way to keep King around.  Great recruiter and probably has lots of potential as a coordinator and maybe coach

2 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

The love for CWT just amazes me.  Talk about a guy who never won ANYTHING, and we want him back?  CWT was two games away from being fired. 

As far as CJL (yes, I was around from the beginning), but still, even without the crazy situation surrounding his firing, we would have let him go eventually, not a single 10 win season or conference championship.

Romanticizing the past is not healthy.      

Being ignorant of the past is worse.

I’m sure I’m wasting my digital breath here by going on about how Leavitt took literally nothing and turned it into a team that actually earned respect by beating big programs, generated hype and passion for our football program that has yet to be replicated, and clearly helped us get to those 150 wins faster than any school in Florida.  But yes, parrot the talking point about no conference championships when many of his years the team wasn’t in a conference that could be won.  

And the love for Willie amazes you?  Does it amaze you that people like winners?  Taggart is responsible for the class with most wins in school history.  Yeah he didn’t win a bowl game and he shoulda.  Well he also broke the record for longest 30 point streak in the nation, had blowout wins against conference teams, enjoyed running up the score on UCF (something many fans especially love), had a win or two against ranked teams, and his Gulf Coast Offense was really fun to watch.  

If you still have no idea how people can love those guys you’re just being ignorant and willfully dismissive because of some personal bias against them.  (And is that Charlie in your profile pic?)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This may reach the longest thread in history of the Internet. 

Never ....... I'll lock it before it gets real close to the Realignment thread.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

26 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Thank you for the link, and while I appreciate your effort, and in no way deny that CWT was on the hot seat in 2015, you failed to prove your point about CWT being 2 games away from being fired.

QF had already started a game in 2014 and didn't perform well.  This was well known.  But QF was a college QB because Taggart gave him the chance to be when no one else would.  Stick to things that are rooted in truth.

Glad we agree, CWT was on the hot seat, hot seat equals getting fired.  A couple more loses in 2015 and he would have been fired.  That is rooted in truth.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, Triple B said:

You better be quick on the trigger if it even sneaks up on the AW thread.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Oh snap! Forgot all about that as it’s been so long since that sucker was resurrected. 😂 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Being ignorant of the past is worse.

I’m sure I’m wasting my digital breath here by going on about how Leavitt took literally nothing and turned it into a team that actually earned respect by beating big programs, generated hype and passion for our football program that has yet to be replicated, and clearly helped us get to those 150 wins faster than any school in Florida.  But yes, parrot the talking point about no conference championships when many of his years the team wasn’t in a conference that could be won.  

And the love for Willie amazes you?  Does it amaze you that people like winners?  Taggart is responsible for the class with most wins in school history.  Yeah he didn’t win a bowl game and he shoulda.  Well he also broke the record for longest 30 point streak in the nation, had blowout wins against conference teams, enjoyed running up the score on UCF (something many fans especially love), had a win or two against ranked teams, and his Gulf Coast Offense was really fun to watch.  

If you still have no idea how people can love those guys you’re just being ignorant and willfully dismissive because of some personal bias against them.  (And is that Charlie in your profile pic?)

"I’m sure I’m wasting my digital breath" Correct, but hey, I respect your opinion.  I do hope that makes you feel better.