• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Coaches from Tampa Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

34 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think we would need to crunch the numbers on the schedule. This years USF schedule was pretty tough as we played five teams that were ranked. I don’t believe that has ever happened before. 

In the presser Kelly said we had a top 20 SOS this year.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Sagarin has our schedule at 56th it’s not the worst we have had but it’s nowhere near the top or in the top 20 in college football https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2019/team/

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

just for his recruiting connections alone

Hasn’t recruited anyone that he’s not suppose to get. Recruiting in the Bay Area hasn’t been good. A couple of his highest recruits don’t even play. Talent evaluation the last 3 years hasn’t been good. Why we are where we are.

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

recruited to play in a pro style offense....

still ended up 67th scoring offense in the country

Yeah flowers at Qb was for pro style no doubt .......

2 hours ago, Gismo said:

Fisher was 6-6 his last year, Taggart was 5-7 in his first year and installing new systems. I don’t think FSU was as stacked talent wise as usual when Taggart arrived. 

I think Taggart had them on track but their fans and boosters are too impatient. FSU was very close to being 7-5 or 8-4 this year. But apparently the team did look a little aloof at times, like we did against UCF. 

All FSU needs is a bit better QB and Taggart would have them competitive for their division in my opinion. Flowers was a lot better than most QBs around the country, just like the QB on all great teams. See Clemson and LSU, top QBs. No one wins without a great QB. 

So then how is this year Bell fault without a qb ? He didn’t even get his chance to recruit! But people on here saying he sucks! It’s crazy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Number one thing we need in a coach is a solid recruiter cause in the end no matter how great your system is if you dont have solid talent your going to struggle as a team.  After that a coach that can further develop that talent. 

Hopefully our defense will be ok and Strong left that in semi decent shape.

But offense was very much neglected while Strong was here outside a few transfers and Ford.

By the way Kerwin Bell defenses as a head coach have lead the country in Interceptions 2 times. Last year they were top 5 in sacks and tackles for loss. Also put 2 senior defensive players in the league from a d2 school. We got to be able to recruit and find good players just like ucf did when they were 0 and 12. This is Florida! It’s about players. Someone that can recruit, can sell his vision to fundraise, and someone that knows how to build a program into a championship one. (Which has never been done here) 

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

Pretty easy to do when no one is knocking

3 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

So then how is this year Bell fault without a qb ? He didn’t even get his chance to recruit! But people on here saying he sucks! It’s crazy.

I think the QB play was fine. Bells offensive line sucked. Due to the contrast with Gilbert it’s obvious. 

7 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

How many recruiting classes does it take to break into the top century mark on offense?

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Pretty easy to do when no one is knocking

Yeah, and getting his 17 million dollar buyout he can do whatever he wants. Retire coaching at USF sitting on a pile of cash if you like Tampa ain’t a bad gig. He still probably leaves if he turns USF around a second time, unless he thinks he can bring USF to the playoffs.

Edited by Gismo