• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The Monday Thread Early!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Now looking towards 2020 and the first game against Texas.

This is the key to the off season and how we can win this game. 

These 3 players:

Barnett and Mason receive a medical RS. Both are eligible and I don't have to explain to a few of you on how this is possible. Do your own homework. This team was so bad this year due to the really awful qb play. If Barnett receives a medical red shirt, this would give a capable QB who actually is a qb. If Barnett gets a medical, it will allow the future qb, Rodemaker, to be eased into the system and learn. If not, Rodemaker is pretty dang good and can at least go through a progression. If Patrick Mason, gets the medical, he can be key to stopping the Horns Down running game up the middle. I am happy with the progress of Greear and Boyles as the season progressed. In addition, Mims gave us really good spot play and that will just give us a good core and not to forget Bellamy. The LB's will be the strength of the D.

The Oline:  While probable the worst I've ever seen, it is a great day to see Atterbury and Norman to move on. Hopple should have been playing RT the whole year and Norman at RG. Yes Billy is that bad. I really think, and I know you don't want to hear it, just getting 3 lineman through the portal from up north or the midwest. Part of this team's problem is chemistry and there are too many kids on here from the same area. In other words, if you look at all the p5 schools in the state of Florida, with maybe the exception of UF, the OL stinks all the way across the board.

Joiner Jr., with some added weight in the off season will be a real jewel. If we can keep Ford on the team and out of the doghouse, it will be a really nice one two punch. I would not stop there, we need a bruiser somewhere and you know were we can find one. 

I think that the receivers will be fine, we have a kid from Tn sitting out this year and another freshmen coming in that I think will be dynamic. McDoom will come of age next year now that he has found some success. Mathis will be good as a TE and would like to see Lloyd or Carter step up.

For Heaven's Sake, go find a grad place kicker. Burke probably needs to be fired at this point.  

On the defense: 

The D is missing just a few pieces. We really need 2 DB's. I think Davis can replace Studstill, but we need a free safety and guy to rotate any position in the secondary. I think Thaxton will surprise you next year and the juco DT looks nasty on film. We really needed him. Most of the problems with the D is they were gassed by the woeful offense. We started to play a lot of young kids at the end and I was happy about that.

Now Texas is a big Physical Team that uses a running QB to wear you down. We are going to need the Lb's to be disciplined and the ends to make Ehlinger scramble early. They have tall WR's that can kill you if Ehlinger can get it close.  For a team that has 2 prior top 5 national recruiting classes, they are not that fast or impressive. Make them play from behind and turn it into a shootout, we can win.  I think our D is the key to this one. I am confident that our young guys will get bigger and stronger this off season and CCS will add about 4 transfers to that side of the ball. We need impact players and CCS will go get them. If we get ran off the field, it will because he let Roberts start and play. The kid is plum awful when it comes to tackling. 

• ???? 4

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

Never post the Monday thread before Monday!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Corey lea said:

Now looking towards 2020 and the first game against Texas.

This is the key to the off season and how we can win this game. 

These 3 players:

Barnett and Mason receive a medical RS. Both are eligible and I don't have to explain to a few of you on how this is possible. Do your own homework. This team was so bad this year due to the really awful qb play. If Barnett receives a medical red shirt, this would give a capable QB who actually is a qb. If Barnett gets a medical, it will allow the future qb, Rodemaker, to be eased into the system and learn. If not, Rodemaker is pretty dang good and can at least go through a progression. If Patrick Mason, gets the medical, he can be key to stopping the Horns Down running game up the middle. I am happy with the progress of Greear and Boyles as the season progressed. In addition, Mims gave us really good spot play and that will just give us a good core and not to forget Bellamy. The LB's will be the strength of the D.

The Oline:  While probable the worst I've ever seen, it is a great day to see Atterbury and Norman to move on. Hopple should have been playing RT the whole year and Norman at RG. Yes Billy is that bad. I really think, and I know you don't want to hear it, just getting 3 lineman through the portal from up north or the midwest. Part of this team's problem is chemistry and there are too many kids on here from the same area. In other words, if you look at all the p5 schools in the state of Florida, with maybe the exception of UF, the OL stinks all the way across the board.

Joiner Jr., with some added weight in the off season will be a real jewel. If we can keep Ford on the team and out of the doghouse, it will be a really nice one two punch. I would not stop there, we need a bruiser somewhere and you know were we can find one. 

I think that the receivers will be fine, we have a kid from Tn sitting out this year and another freshmen coming in that I think will be dynamic. McDoom will come of age next year now that he has found some success. Mathis will be good as a TE and would like to see Lloyd or Carter step up.

For Heaven's Sake, go find a grad place kicker. Burke probably needs to be fired at this point.  

On the defense: 

The D is missing just a few pieces. We really need 2 DB's. I think Davis can replace Studstill, but we need a free safety and guy to rotate any position in the secondary. I think Thaxton will surprise you next year and the juco DT looks nasty on film. We really needed him. Most of the problems with the D is they were gassed by the woeful offense. We started to play a lot of young kids at the end and I was happy about that.

Now Texas is a big Physical Team that uses a running QB to wear you down. We are going to need the Lb's to be disciplined and the ends to make Ehlinger scramble early. They have tall WR's that can kill you if Ehlinger can get it close.  For a team that has 2 prior top 5 national recruiting classes, they are not that fast or impressive. Make them play from behind and turn it into a shootout, we can win.  I think our D is the key to this one. I am confident that our young guys will get bigger and stronger this off season and CCS will add about 4 transfers to that side of the ball. We need impact players and CCS will go get them. If we get ran off the field, it will because he let Roberts start and play. The kid is plum awful when it comes to tackling. 

You couldn’t just keep this on the thread announcing the coming of this thread?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Are we going to beat Texas by 10 too? 

• Haha 2
  • Me no likey 1

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Never post the Monday thread before Monday!

LOL ...It so disheartening to see the lynch mob talk football without talking football. 

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

Are we going to beat Texas by 10 too? 

What had happen was...lol    

6 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

LOL ...It so disheartening to see the lynch mob talk football without talking football. 

What had happen was...lol    

3 minutes ago, OncomingStorm said:

We are all a little bit stupider for this thread existing.

Talk football....what do you think would fix this program's personnel wise?

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, OncomingStorm said:

We are all a little bit stupider for this thread existing.

adam sandler comedy GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

So we need Blake to run this offense the guy that was even worse at the start of the season than McCloud was?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

So we need Blake to run this offense the guy that was even worse at the start of the season than McCloud was?

Well Blake was a victim of a bad OL. Period!