• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Colin McCarthy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  651
  • Days Won:  0

This is a big time player that USF really needs to start looking at hard. Coach Burnham loves the kid but I haven't seen any the coaches around. Especially last weekend, the bulls having a bye weekend and CCC playing SPC, I didn't notice them there.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

I think that maybe they think hes out of reach.  A lot of big time schools seem to want him.

Guest S.  Bien

All reports say the staff is pushing real, real hard to land Colin.  He attended the UCF, and I believe the UL games.   I think they want him bad, and i read that PSU backed off which is good news for us.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  188

I agree Bien, they are recruiting him as hard as they possibly can.  

However, PSU has not backed off.  They did cancel his visit, but they canceled everyone's visit.

Also Colin was not at the Louiville game.  As much press as PSU gets for recruiting him I wouldnt even say they are his leader.  

If USF is to land him they will be going up against some giants.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

it's our time!

time to start winning some of these battles

what position does he play?

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  104

CCC senior McCarthy sidelined

The linebacker/tight end has a dislocated shoulder and might miss the rest of the season.

By BOB PUTNAM, Times Staff Writer

Published October 15, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearwater Central Catholic's Colin McCarthy missed Friday's district game against Frostproof and could miss the rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder.

The injury happened late in the fourth quarter of CCC's game Oct. 7 against rival St. Petersburg Catholic.

McCarthy, a senior tight end/linebacker, had his best performance of the season with six catches for 148 yards and two touchdowns in a 30-27 overtime victory over the Barons. He also had 12 tackles, three for loss, one sack and four pass deflections.

Initially, McCarthy appeared to have a slightly separated shoulder but doctors later confirmed it was dislocated. McCarthy will make a decision next week whether to have season-ending surgery.

McCarthy, rated the 97th best player in the state by rivals.com, had a breakthrough performance last season. He led the county in tackles (163) as a junior. He also led county tight ends in receptions (32), yards (595) and touchdowns (seven).

He is being recruited by several big schools, including Nebraska, Ohio State and Penn State.

"It would be tough if we had to lose Colin because he's one of our best players," Marauders coach Mike Jalazo said. "But I don't want to speculate on whether he will be gone or not. We'll know more next week."

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

does his injury mean others will back off

and improve our chances?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  13

I haven't missed a CCC football game, home or away since 2000, and let me tell ya..this kid is one of the best to come through CCC in a while.

I talked with quite a few CCC players, and none of them say he's done for the season.  Yes, he's going for surgery..and the surgery he's gettin will call for him to miss a month..which would mean he'll be back in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Those who are privy to CCC football know that if CCC wins district they'll open at home against Cresent City high school, which CCC will be heavily favored in..if CCC loses they'll open at  the villages(yes, thats the school's name)...despite their record CCC will be heavily favored in that game as well.  In other words, if you HAVE NOT seen Colin play yet, you need to go see him.