• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

Sam Barrington nail it!!

I think he is a great guy too.  I don't want to see him bashed either, but the fact is he is no longer capable of leading a program...our program... in a positive direction.

I feel for the guy, but the situation is under his leadership the program has fallen into a deep downward spiral.  The way I see things right now it looks like this is at least a 3 to 5 year turnaround project.

Just my opinion, but I see nothing to build the team around.  I think Bell very well may be able to draw plays up on paper, but either we don't have the right guys to execute them, they are too difficult to execute or they really aren't that great in the first place.  Whatever reason, they simple do no not produce results.  6 games with 10 points or less.  I don't care how great they look on paper.  It is an inept offense.

Brian Jean Marie-another seemingly great guy.  Great personality.  Love listening to him on the radio.  He is a terrible DC.  So many first downs surrendered on 3rd and long all 3 years.  3 games of 500 yards allowed or more.  You can't live on a couple of good defensive games a year.  There has to be consistency.

I don't even want to start with the special teams.  

Ended last year with the worst losing streak in NCAA history that started out 7-0.  Went on to make a losing streak record (or tied it, I don't remember) for USF.  Now in the middle of a 4 game, that will probably be at least 5 game losing streak.  

And he has a 3 game losing streak to UCF.  combine score last 2 years' score combined is 72-10.

How do you justify another year?  If it looked like a light at the end of the tunnel, then yeah, it can be justified.  I just see things getting worse right now.  It is not turning around with a few incoming freshmen.  We do not have a serviceable QB.  We have a change of pace back coming back and maybe Ford.  Receivers are less than average. The only decent returning player on the OL is the center.  Who do you build the offense around?  

• Upvote 1
Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So coaches...

This is my shocked face 

No. You'll explain it now. WE HAVE NO PATIENCE!!

There have been some really good offensive players but there has been no offensive development since the Taggart Era.   That is the piece that is missing and that is where I believe Kerwin Bell can help  Defensively things have gotten better with Strong. Special teams has been terrible

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I hope it is better than his radio announcing...

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Sam Barrington play. But listening to him on the radio, which is how I have to get the Bull's games, is just painful.

4 hours ago, Sierra048 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Sam Barrington play. But listening to him on the radio, which is how I have to get the Bull's games, is just painful.

Same and I hate to say it but Jim Louke makes about four/five mistakes a game when announcing. For example last night McCloud lost his helmet and Louke had no idea why he did not have to sit a play. He was not aware of the rule that you don’t have to sit if the team called a timeout. Barrington once this year said he thought Nico Sawtelle was going to have a great game but it had been announced four days prior he career was over. It’s been amateur hour in the booth. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
4 hours ago, Sierra048 said:

It could be worse, you could have to actually watch the games

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Same and I hate to say it but Jim Louke makes about four/five mistakes a game when announcing. For example last night McCloud lost his helmet and Louke had no idea why he did not have to sit a play. He was not aware of the rule that you don’t have to sit if the team called a timeout. Barrington once this year said he thought Nico Sawtelle was going to have a great game but it had been announced four days prior he career was over. It’s been amateur hour in the booth. 

Goes hand in hand with the product on the field