• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Firing Date Prediction Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I can see him easily spinning the plan to retain him. Not a bad strategy since it likely extends Kelly's tenure 1-2 more years. All he has to do is claim poverty internally and he gets to avoid having to hire "his guy". If Kelly doesn't have confidence in his own ability to identify and hire talent - in his 17 months he hasn't fired or hired a coach in a major sport - then I can understand how being scared to fail in hiring the next guy would make him nervous to move in from Strong.

All this will change come December 2020

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

That's the kind of small-minded thinking that will keep USF irrelevant.

No!! The small minded thinking was when USF opt to fire Leavitt instead of suspending him. Back then, USF had a band wagon with more booster support. Those boosters got greedy and used the excuse of the slap to fire Leavitt for just cause. They were tired of watching Leavitt teams collapse mid season. 7 or 8 win seasons were not good enough as they wanted 10 win seasons. There is no way that Leavitt gets fired if he produced 10 win seasons for those boosters. The day USF fired Leavitt was the day that this program died.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Strong is not going anywhere this year. It’s him again. I’ve come to terms with this. See if he pulls a rabbit out of , say, something like a magic hat... portal...magic hat.

I hear ya but I don’t see how Kelly sells this product In the offseason to the alumni, fans, students and casual Tampa Bay Area  sports fan.  He apparently has or will lose some diehards, ie BDYZR, Faza, CR and others who won’t renew or downgrade their tickets if Chuckles is brought back.  It will be the least anticipated most depressing offseason in our history.  There will be absolutely nothing to point towards a turn around in 2020.  Incoming freshmen and some transfers and a couple of new assistants won’t suffice.

Dark days ahead if Chuckles is brought back.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I hear ya but I don’t see how Kelly sells this product In the offseason to the alumni, fans, students and casual Tampa Bay Area  sports fan.  He apparently has or will lose some diehards, ie BDYZR, Faza, CR and others who won’t renew or downgrade their tickets if Chuckles is brought back.  It will be the least anticipated most depressing offseason in our history.  There will be absolutely nothing to point towards a turn around in 2020.  Incoming freshmen and some transfers and a couple of new assistants won’t suffice.

Dark days ahead if Chuckles is brought back.

Better just start giving away tickets to have any butts in seats.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

I couldn’t give mine away this year.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I couldn’t give mine away this year.  

I'm sure.  I'm thinking more along the lines of massive give aways to charitable organizations from the athletic department.   Along with the complimentary ones to donors/ST holders as well of course

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

If he didn't interfere with the investigation he may have survived the initial sin. To the original point, with revenues of $50M - some of which coming from donors  - Kelly needs to manage this like a business. If not, the donor pool will start raising money to buy him out.

We shall see what happens this coming Monday. If CCS comes back next season I’m not gonna lose sleep over it. MK is going to do what is best for USF

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Who are we kidding? We have not had butts in seats for years. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Bull Daly said:

We shall see what happens this coming Monday. If CCS comes back next season I’m not gonna lose sleep over it. MK is going to do what is best for USF

I am with you. I mean what the hell else do I have to? It still beats mowing the grass or going shopping. 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am with you. I mean what the hell else do I have to? It still beats mowing the grass or going shopping. 

Lol. USF will always have us die hards.