• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Firing Date Prediction Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, Jon Tonison said:

#ExtendCCS

Only USF would fall for that if he beats Texas next season lol 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

In case everyone forgot

Keep Calm and play to your strengths 

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If I was on an earnings call with investors and told them "not to worry" and "everything will be fine", our stock would take a hit and people that work for me would lose confidence. I hope you are right but as of right now CCS is still employed and he should have been fired weeks ago, so Kelly's not insipiring a ton of confidence that he is capable of handling this situation.

I wonder if his reluctance to fire Strong is more than just financial or if there is some doubt in his mind that he can find the right person to replace him with - with the excuse of "CCS wasn't my hire" gone he'll now be on the hook for the results of who he hires. By not firing Strong he doesn't have to stick neck out and will still have his built in excuse for future failure.

Not a bad way to look out for yourself and suck out extra paychecks from USF.

No risk it no biscuit 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If I was on an earnings call with investors and told them "not to worry" and "everything will be fine", our stock would take a hit and people that work for me would lose confidence. I hope you are right but as of right now CCS is still employed and he should have been fired weeks ago, so Kelly's not insipiring a ton of confidence that he is capable of handling this situation.

I wonder if his reluctance to fire Strong is more than just financial or if there is some doubt in his mind that he can find the right person to replace him with - with the excuse of "CCS wasn't my hire" gone he'll now be on the hook for the results of who he hires. By not firing Strong he doesn't have to stick neck out and will still have his built in excuse for future failure.

If he keeps ccs, then he is sticking his neck out just as much as if he fires him probably more so since the overwhelmingly popular (and logical one) is to send him packing.

If we hear nothing from Kelly by _____  can we assume we are keeping Chuckles for another year?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Strong is not going anywhere this year. It’s him again. I’ve come to terms with this. See if he pulls a rabbit out of , say, something like a magic hat... portal...magic hat.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This is nothing like Wall Street. Maybe you can use that analogy if we were FSU, UF,  BAMA, Texas, ND etc but right now we are USF. We just don’t have the big donors or boosters like the big programs do. If we did you would of heard something by now. So we have to trust what we have. MK will do his job whether we like it or not.wall street top 100 movie quotes GIF

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

He better find a quarterback real soon. A good darn quarterback. He better not sit his star athletes. Better play for his arse.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

I can see him easily spinning the plan to retain him. Not a bad strategy since it likely extends Kelly's tenure 1-2 more years. All he has to do is claim poverty internally and he gets to avoid having to hire "his guy". If Kelly doesn't have confidence in his own ability to identify and hire talent - in his 17 months he hasn't fired or hired a coach in a major sport - then I can understand how being scared to fail in hiring the next guy would make him nervous to move in from Strong.

I get your point and I would counter then he doesn't belong in his position