• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bell mentions "....the things thats happened that people don't realize"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  4

53 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Except with almost the same Jimmy and Joes Sterling Gilbert did bad but still KB did more than 50 percent worse. BB looked like he was an okay QB before getting injured last season but this season he looked like he had never seen a football before. KB brought in an O-line coach and we reshuffled the line and they became swiss cheese which probably did not help our constant injury issue. To compound the issue we had the QBs that were just praying they will not get murdered stand in the pocket and try to run slow developing timing plays. KB plays a part in why his offense is abysmal and there is no way to spin away from the fact. Did the players force him to put out Evans to run up the middle for two plays that netted 3 yards to then bring in McCloud to drop back and get sacked? 

Lol our offense this year is nowhere near the same personnel wise. No McCants, no Ford, No Barnett, Strong purged some of our best raw talent, Horne never recovered to be what he was against Georgia Tech last year, and Cronk being injured...

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Our top two running backs are hurt, our starting QB from last year is hurt, we’re starting another freshman QB who has been hurt and is hurt again, Macon is probably out again, and Evans, another backup QB, was also hurt for multiple games. No, teams don’t usually have it THIS bad. And before you go spewing about how Barnett was pulled out anyways, we’re talking after 1 1/2 games. Let’s also not forget that this was a lot of these guys 3rd offense in 4 seasons. For Barnett, it was his 2nd offense in about a year. You seem to be expecting perfection no matter what. Everyone’s patience is on thin ice, you’re not special to that, but don’t act like Bell has all the pieces there to succeed right away when that’s not reality. 

Good points all around!

We just don't have the pieces that we need right now, and the pieces that we do have our hurt.....Now we can't let CCS off the hook that easily though, he is responsible for the talent (or lack there of) that has been brought in, and the development (or lack there of) of the veteran players.  

I know we are handicapped right now because of injuries, but I'm not sure that a completely healthy team would have got it done this year either, which is kind of scary.

Maybe Bell is the worst coordinator in the country but I cant say he has had a fair chance to prove himself. This roster is so incredibly bad and it starts with the qb. Without a decent qb(the guy who touches the ball every snap) no coach can be successful in D1.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, ForestBull said:

Lol our offense this year is nowhere near the same personnel wise. No McCants, no Ford, No Barnett, Strong purged some of our best raw talent, Horne never recovered to be what he was against Georgia Tech last year, and Cronk being injured...

Horne didn’t play most of last year either, Barnett couldn’t pass the 50 yd line in KBs offense and Cronk has played most of the season yet at no time has this looked like a booming offense or even a serviceable offense for that matter. I would love to see what others are pretending to see here but so far the emperor has no clothes and maybe some of it is the fault of others but he has some responsibility for choosing to walk out in the streets naked.

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Horne didn’t play most of last year either, Barnett couldn’t pass the 50 yd line in KBs offense and Cronk has played most of the season yet at no time has this looked like a booming offense or even a serviceable offense for that matter. I would love to see what others are pretending to see here but so far the emperor has no clothes and maybe some of it is the fault of others but he has some responsibility for choosing to walk out in the streets naked.

Now that might be the most interesting thing we would get to see all season.....right up there with the Gray Cat running for a Touchdown!

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Horne was the only reason for our best win of last year. 

Barnett did not have to play against top 15 Wisconsin last year. 

Also, for whatever reason the AAC is way better this year. We have played like 6 top 30 teams(including Wisconsin) this year...

It's funny you didn't address any other of my points.

Edited by ForestBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

11 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Maybe Bell is the worst coordinator in the country but I cant say he has had a fair chance to prove himself. This roster is so incredibly bad and it starts with the qb. Without a decent qb(the guy who touches the ball every snap) no coach can be successful in D1.

Yet, we disparage another coach for bringing in the best QB this team has ever had. 

Best goal post movers are HERE in TheBullsPen 

1 minute ago, DELdaBull said:

Yet, we disparage another coach for bringing in the best QB this team has ever had. 

Best goal post movers are HERE in TheBullsPen 

Who is disparaging Taggs for bringing Flowers in?

I think that is the main thing everyone praises him for...

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Horne was the only reason for our best win of last year. 

Barnett did not have to play against top 15 Wisconsin last year. 

Also, for whatever reason the AAC is way better this year. We have played like 6 top 30 teams(including Wisconsin) this year...

It's funny you didn't address any other of my points.

Yes Horne was a huge reason for the win.  But to be fair, Barnett did play a pretty good game against G-Tech last year....i thought it was his best game really.  Thats why I was suprised how badly it all turned out for him and us.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

A freshman quarterback at USF does not give them as good a chance to win as the Senior does.  Barnett is better than McCloud.  Way better.

• Upvote 1