• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What about Draper?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

So we’re wrapped up in talk about Strong, but we’re now a week since the end of a 7-23 volleyball season and it appears Draper is still employed. Eight seasons on the sideline for her, haven’t finished above .500 in conference play since 2013, losing overall record in 4 of the past 6 seasons, lost 18+ in 4 of the past 6 seasons. Michael Kelly demands excellence?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So we’re wrapped up in talk about Strong, but we’re now a week since the end of a 7-23 volleyball season and it appears Draper is still employed. Eight seasons on the sideline for her, haven’t finished above .500 in conference play since 2013, losing overall record in 4 of the past 6 seasons, lost 18+ in 4 of the past 6 seasons. Michael Kelly demands excellence?

He asks politely for it

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I was thinking the same thing about her. My understanding is that her contract is up so does he need to fire her or just simply not resign her? Kind of like that scene from Office Space:work itself out office space GIF

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was thinking the same thing about her. My understanding is that her contract is up so does he need to fire her or just simply not resign her? Kind of like that scene from Office Space:work itself out office space GIF

Either way, there should be an announcement of her status and the beginning of a search for her replacement, right?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

Either way, there should be an announcement of her status and the beginning of a search for her replacement, right?

True. Maybe after the holidays? Or in two weeks? 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I’m a big fan of Don Draper. Mad Men is a great show. spacer.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

office space radio GIF

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Kelly is probably more focused on fixing football to look at volleyball but draper should be gone. It will probably be announced after his decision on football 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Seriously?  Your not happy with Kelly because he didnt fire somebody fast enough for you?  Petty.  Sounds like you are grappling for any reason not to like him.

Maybe, like somebody else said he is working behind the scenes primarily on football and searching for a replacement in volleyball is secondary on his priority list, as it should be.  Or maybe he is looking at assistants at the top VB programs if they are still playing.

If he doesnt make a change eventually then I would be questioning and dissapointed in him.   But its a long way to next season man.

8 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Seriously?  Your not happy with Kelly because he didnt fire somebody fast enough for you?  Petty.  Sounds like you are grappling for any reason not to like him.

Maybe, like somebody else said he is working behind the scenes primarily on football and searching for a replacement in volleyball is secondary on his priority list, as it should be.  Or maybe he is looking at assistants at the top VB programs if they are still playing.

If he doesnt make a change eventually then I would be questioning and dissapointed in him.   But its a long way to next season man.

The sooner you make a move, the sooner you start your search, make your hire and start recruiting. Why wait? With a 7-23 record, he should have made up his mind several weeks ago to make a change and started building a list of possible replacements. Why wait to the end of a season that was decided months ago?

Edited by Dave_Glaser