• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bring back Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

CWT would bring his FSU recruits with him.

Just saying...

You think that players considered caliber for a P5 team that won a national championship in the last decade would follow Willie to the G5?

Its not like when Willie took a couple recruits to Oregon...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

Bring back Taggert?  WHAAAAAAAT???????????  Why, so he can skulk out on us again when he gets a better offer?  No, no retreads.  We need fresh ideas, fresh faces and a fresh direction.  Sure, WIllie won some games, but look at the teams he had - remember Flowers and Mack?  Charlie Strong's narrow approach to geographic recruiting has allowed UCF to move in and get a foothold here in the Bay Area (Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Manatee), so recruiting is going to be a tough slog.  Like another post mentions, players are 'aware' of Taggert now and will avoid hi, like the plague.  I'd rather see them just cancel the whole football program than bring back old Willie - THAT is how strong I feel about that.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

It's more likely that Kelly gave xCCS a chance to say something, anything that might have given Kelly a reason to keep him. Not hearing that, Kelly spoke with the president and the attorneys. 

Probably, but I'm not sure why he didn't talk to them already.  Of course people hear what they want to hear and ccs may have been talking about the future while Kelly was deciding what he was going to do about dinner and what time he was going to be holding the team meeting today.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

20 minutes ago, OncomingStorm said:

You think that players considered caliber for a P5 team that won a national championship in the last decade would follow Willie to the G5?

Its not like when Willie took a couple recruits to Oregon...

It's not like players haven't transferred here from other P5 programs that have won

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

This is where I would walk away from USF football, he stole recruits, talked **** about us on the way out, was a terrible gameday coach who needed his hs coach to save his ass, this guy is a used car salesman not a coach

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,323
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

This is where I would walk away from USF football, he stole recruits, talked **** about us on the way out, was a terrible gameday coach who needed his hs coach to save his ass, this guy is a used car salesman not a coach

That collapsed against Temple cost USF a spot in the AAC title game. I still can’t get over that.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

That collapsed against Temple cost USF a spot in the AAC title game. I still can’t get over that.

The one thing all our coaches have in common. Losing the games that mattered.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

How soon you all have forgotten.  The USF of Willie's last year, was number FOUR IN THE COUNTRY in scoring offense, with 43.8 per game.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2016-team-offense.html

Give me that every day of the week.

And before you say it was all QF, MM, Adams, MVS, etc.  Who recruited those guys.  Who, who, WHO?

Willie Taggart.  The end.

And yes, I believe he learned his lesson and will be less apt to leave USF so fast at the first sign of success.  But even if he does, who cares, that meant we had even more success.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, BullsFanInTX said:

How soon you all have forgotten.  The USF of Willie's last year, was number FOUR IN THE COUNTRY in scoring offense, with 43.8 per game.

How was our defense?  You know that head coaches are responsible for both, right?