• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF / Brighthouse partnership

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

USF Athletics and Bright House Networks announce Programming and Marketing Partnership  

(October 11, 2005) USF Athletics, in conjunction with its multi-media rights holder ESPN Regional Television, announced today a landmark partnership with Bright House Networks. In addition to becoming the “Official Cable Partner of USF Athletics,” Bright House Networks through its all-sports channel Catch 47 will showcase games from many USF athletic teams.

Catch 47 Tampa Bay Sports Television, will now have programming rights to produce and/or air selected USF and Big East football and men's basketball games on a live and/or tape delay basis. Tape delay rights have already been exercised with USF’s football games at Penn State and Miami, while Bright House Networks will exercise live rights to air USF’s games against Rutgers and Cincinnati.

“This is an outstanding partnership that increases the profile of USF Athletics and Bright House Networks in the Tampa Bay market,” says USF director of athletics Doug Woolard. “This is true community partnership that allows USF and Bright House Networks to bring the best in Division I Athletics into the homes of Tampa Bay area sports fans.”

In addition to increased television exposure for USF Athletics in the Tampa Bay market, the five-year agreement includes mutual advertising opportunities for USF and Bright House Networks, including Catch 47 - Tampa Bay’s Sports Television and Bay News 9. USF will receive advertising opportunities for all of its sport programs, while Bright House Networks will receive opportunities in the USF Sun Dome, USF print ads, website ads, promotions and game presenting sponsorships.

The Agreement will also expand programming of USF women’s basketball and Olympic sport programs as well as the creation of original programming and specials on Catch 47.

"Bright House Networks is committed to delivering compelling local stories, political news and sports programming to our customers. We know our customers will be as happy as we are to see exciting USF sports programming on Catch 47. The inclusion of this programming on our sports channel really demonstrates our unyielding commitment to carry great local programming. Considering USF's recent membership to the Big East conference, this announcement could not have come at a better time," said Kevin Hyman, president of Bright House Networks Tampa Bay Division.

"This agreement with USF marks a huge step for Catch 47 as it expands its sports programming. USF will be a cornerstone for local sports programming on the channel", added Elliott Wiser, Group Vice President of News Programming of Bright House Networks.

http://gobulls.usf.edu/Sports/News.asp?i=1848&s=Football

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

"Bright House Networks will exercise live rights to air USF’s games against Rutgers and Cincinnati."

So these games will now be televised?  Or will they do it over some obscure dial-up modem feed that you need to know the square root of pi to the 90th place in order to gain the access password...  ;)

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'm hoping this means that our basketball games will actually be on TV this year (at least the away games anyway).

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder how many households this means in the Tampa Bay area? I know there are other cable companies that are in certain areas like Adelphia and I'm assuming with Adelphia you won't see those games only on Brighthouse.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

forget Pitt.  done deal.  no tv.

"Bright House Networks will exercise live rights to air USF’s games against Rutgers and Cincinnati."

So these games will now be televised?  Or will they do it over some obscure dial-up modem feed that you need to know the square root of pi to the 90th place in order to gain the access password...  ;)

This means live tv for these games on Ch. 47

I wonder how many households this means in the Tampa Bay area? I know there are other cable companies that are in certain areas like Adelphia and I'm assuming with Adelphia you won't see those games only on Brighthouse.

I think Brighthouse covers the large majority of the Tampa Bay area.  You are correct:  No Brighthouse=No Bulls.

what about the PITT game?

and ALL away games?

unfortunately for you in ATL, and those outside of the Tampa market, you're out of luck.  At least it sounds like the Rutgers and Cinci games will be picked up by ESPN+ which shold mean GamePlan.

Catch 47 Tampa Bay Sports Television, will now have programming rights to produce and/or air selected USF and Big East football and men's basketball games on a live and/or tape delay basis.

This leads me to believe that not only will Ch. 47 air the ESPN Plus/Regional/GamePlan games, but Ch. 47 will have the rights to broadcast the game to the local market only with their own broadcast team.  Does that mean that Al Keck is coming back, or will Rock Riley now be the color comentator?  Hopefully they can recruit some good talent for the booth.