• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

6 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

So year three and he has not developed a starting quarterback. 

How do you know McCloud doesn’t have a breakthrough season next year? Like him or not he has shown flashes that he will be good. QF flat out sucked his freshman season. So don’t tell me it can’t happen again that we may already found our QB

Edited by Bull Daly

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Terrible stats...just god aweful... 

He played well, but he didn't score. If you are okay with losing every week and calling that a success then he is great.  I want a RB to get us in the end-zone and win some games. He may develop into a star, but only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

How do you know McCloud has a breakthrough season next year? Like him or not he has shown flashes that he will be good. QF flat out sucked his freshman season. So don’t tell me it can’t happen again that we may already found our QB

That would be year four under CCS and he would need to improve drastically by next season.  That is unlikely, but "possible". He looked better last night, but not great. One touchdown by a QB in a college game is not a success. The trend shows using trending down not up. I just don't see how any real fans buy into this coach and think he is doing good. We are getting worse for three straight seasons. Unless we win the next two straight I see no evidence that we will improve. We are losing recruits and losing on the scoreboard. What are you seeing that we are improving to a championship team? 

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, TheGreatOutlaw said:

He played well, but he didn't score. If you are okay with losing every week and calling that a success then he is great.  I want a RB to get us in the end-zone and win some games. He may develop into a star, but only time will tell.

That's what happening...they are beginning to develop...I want this team to win just as much as you...I can see that we do have young talent...they are improving and that's all we are going to get at this point

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Hampton and Sails are juniors and may leave as well

Neither will leave and are not nfl players yet.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

3 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Neither will leave and are not nfl players yet.

Good! We need them. Hampton was so close to getting that pick 6 late in the game. 

58 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

That would be year four under CCS and he would need to improve drastically by next season.  That is unlikely, but "possible". He looked better last night, but not great. One touchdown by a QB in a college game is not a success. The trend shows using trending down not up. I just don't see how any real fans buy into this coach and think he is doing good. We are getting worse for three straight seasons. Unless we win the next two straight I see no evidence that we will improve. We are losing recruits and losing on the scoreboard. What are you seeing that we are improving to a championship team? 

If 11-2 is worse...well all I needed to see.

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

Good! We need them. Hampton was so close to getting that pick 6 late in the game. 

He is getting better. To be honest there are a lot of new faces playing on d and are flying around. I would like them to wrap up more. Roberts continues to take bad angles and miss tackles.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

50 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

If 11-2 is worse...well all I needed to see.

Ccs went 10-2 after inheriting a 11-2 team....As I said three straights seasons of performing worse than the prior.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Strong finds himself in the same situation he was before he was fired at Texas. Just a big debate as to whether he deserves more time.

The defense appears to be better. The offense is worse than last year. Special teams, incredibly, remains the same if not worse than it has in the three years. 

The reality is this staff is just coming off a record collapse last year, an 8 game losing streak, facing a probable 5 game losing (4 to end the year plus starting next year), attendance and interest is close to all time lows. 

Personnel wise, you lose both productive backs, best TE in school history, 2 OL, there is not one proven playmaker on offense. 

Hoping that we rebuild our team through the portal is hope not reality. 

More than likely Strong is back next year, but I don’t see much improvement on the horizon next year. 

59 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Strong finds himself in the same situation he was before he was fired at Texas. Just a big debate as to whether he deserves more time.

The defense appears to be better. The offense is worse than last year. Special teams, incredibly, remains the same if not worse than it has in the three years. 

The reality is this staff is just coming off a record collapse last year, an 8 game losing streak, facing a probable 5 game losing (4 to end the year plus starting next year), attendance and interest is close to all time lows. 

Personnel wise, you lose both productive backs, best TE in school history, 2 OL, there is not one proven playmaker on offense. 

Hoping that we rebuild our team through the portal is hope not reality. 

More than likely Strong is back next year, but I don’t see much improvement on the horizon next year. 

I'll go on the record for 10-3 next year. I think losing The right side of the line will be a blessing. Hopple played well last night overall.

Just like we used the portal to get better on defense...same raid for the offense and we will have a contender. Go find a lineman or two, 2 rbs and a qb if Barnett doesn't go for a medical redshirt. 

Rodemaker is the future and Barnett can be successful with some protection and a run game. I think we are seeing an emergence of McDoom ...we have another guy from Tn sitting out that will be spectacular along with a true FRESHMEN. 

We also, need to go get a kicker.