• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Problems are way deeper than systems and Xs and Os

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

There is a cultural rot within this program that has been festering under Chuckles leaderships.  There is enough talent on the roster to at least be competitive in this conference and get to a bowl game, however, a lot of these players have become soft and unmotivated with little accountability.  You see it mostly on the offense.   If you pay attention to the comments of some of the players and coaches you can pick up on it.  In one interview, Bell said something to the effect that the Olineman feel if they just make contact with a defensive player that's blocking.  That's a lack of effort.  The senior starters (not the underclassmen) on the right side of the OL had to called out for their effort and play and when they were they played better.  Shocking!  Let's not forget Mr. St Felix who was also called out for a lack of effort and then he followed that up with his best game at ECU then disappears again.  The talent is there, however, the effort and accountability is what's missing.  Let's not also forget players not coming to pick up McCloud after a sack.  There was an interview with Hampton, where he said last year players were laughing and joking during the losing streak.  I'm willing to bet there is still some of that going on.  Just look at the sidelines during a game.  It's passionless.  The signs of cultural rot have been there all year.

You don't see it much on the defense, hence that unit has played better.  I think the 3 big transfers on that side, Macon, Sails and Studstill not only increased the talent level but they brought a level of work effort and leadership to that side of the ball and one of the coaches even eluded to that during fall camp. 

Until Chuckles is gone, nothing will change.  Assistants can come and go and systems can change but with Chuckles still in charge what you see is what you get.

Sorry for the rant/

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Well said.... he's here until at least our 7th loss of the year 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Well said.... he's here until at least our 7th loss of the year 

One can only hope

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

One can only hope

I cant see myself making the drive up I4 with no hopes of a bowl and him on the sidelines 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I cant see myself making the drive up I4 with no hopes of a bowl and him on the sidelines 

Yeah I am on the fence about driving down from Nashville 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Chuckles will be here until after the ucf game. The question is will he back for a year 4 or will kelly cut him loose 

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

2 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Chuckles will be here until after the ucf game. The question is will he back for a year 4 or will kelly cut him loose 

It will be 14 losses in 18 games - how do you keep him, regardless of the finances? Even if you have to bring in a high school coach and pay him in Publix subs, you MUST make a change.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It will be 14 losses in 18 games - how do you keep him, regardless of the finances? Even if you have to bring in a high school coach and pay him in Publix subs, you MUST make a change.

Not only that, he’s regressed every season. Now with next season, we’re looking at 3 straight building years no matter what. That’s unacceptable. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

I think just because of the money he gets one more year unless their is some magic out clause we don’t know about.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  273
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think just because of the money he gets one more year unless their is some magic out clause we don’t know about.

Then we’re screwed.