• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF and University Mall...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

. Sounds like a buch of sillness to me. Just go ahead and build a wall around USF like a castle or whatever!!!!

Sounds like a good idea, that area around University Mall is like the Gaza Strip

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

If and when the new mall is finished at I-75 and SR 56, then we'll see whether University Mall can keep afloat. It would seem that an area like Tampa can only support a certain number of malls at one time.

If University loses stores and customers, then it is logical and essential that USF buys the property, whether for a stadium or campus/research expansion. The mall also includes the road that leads from the east side of the mall to the campus entrance by the botanical gardens, I've been told.

So while USF may have no plans at this point, it would be extraordinarily short-sighted not to think about what may happen when and if the new mall opens.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

The 'hood?  You guys are easily intimidated.  We are not talking about Canal and Rampart St here(New Orleans) Now that I can understand.  But the areas around USF/OB?  It may not be New Tampa or SoBe but those places are not dangerous. Just old houses, and a few projects but it is really not that bad.

Geez people will really argue about anything on this board anymore.  

Let's see, now why do we think University mall is possibly closing down?  Could it be because it's in the hood and noone with any sort of spending power wants to go thru that hood with their hard earned money?  Could it be that the only folks who frequent that mall are the ones who can walk there from the local neighborhood and they don't have enought money to support the mall's operation?  Nah... ::)

i doubt that I'm esily intimidated considering where I currently live and where I'm from but what  does that have to do  with anything?  I'm not an 18 year old college co-ed.  You might not think that area is bad but would you want your 18 year old daughter walking around there, possibly drunk  after darK?  If you do that's your perogative but I would not.  

Besides I thought 50% of this board was railing for an ON CAMPUS STADIUM.  Last I checked University mall wasn't on campus.  Stupid idea.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

The only people who think that area is "bad" are racists.

Friends, just because black people live there, that doesn't make it a "bad area." Go to a real big city. Go to Detroit. Hell, go to FLINT. Gary. SOUTH BEND, even.

You'll find "bad areas." University Mall area is fine. I have no idea what you people are talking about.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Geez people will really argue about anything on this board anymore.  

Let's see, now why do we think University mall is possibly closing down?  Could it be because it's in the hood and noone with any sort of spending power wants to go thru that hood with their hard earned money?  Could it be that the only folks who frequent that mall are the ones who can walk there from the local neighborhood and they don't have enought money to support the mall's operation?  Nah... ::)

i doubt that I'm esily intimidated considering where I currently live and where I'm from but what  does that have to do  with anything?  I'm not an 18 year old college co-ed.  You might not think that area is bad but would you want your 18 year old daughter walking around there, possibly drunk  after darK?  If you do that's your perogative but I would not.  

Besides I thought 50% of this board was railing for an ON CAMPUS STADIUM.  Last I checked University mall wasn't on campus.  Stupid idea.

My hypothetical daugther would probably go to Ybor every weekend as well, which can be just as dangerous.  At least we only have 5 home games, by contrast she could be in Ybor anywhere from 20-30 nights(geez, that many? I'm worried already.)  There are dangerous places everywhere, is just about you making the right decisions for your safety, like not going to a game/Ybor by yourself, smacking those Police Horses, fighting bouncers, etc.  Anyways, I'm against an On-campus stadium, but not against that area to be the site if there ever was one.  

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

My hypothetical daugther would probably go to Ybor every weekend as well, which can be just as dangerous.  At least we only have 5 home games, by contrast she could be in Ybor anywhere from 20-30 nights(geez, that many? I'm worried already.)  There are dangerous places everywhere, is just about you making the right decisions for your safety, like not going to a game/Ybor by yourself, smacking those Police Horses, fighting bouncers, etc.

haha seriously.. i swear, all the old alum on this board are putting a damper on some of the progressive ideas with their overconcern.. if you're worried about your 18 year old daughter walking around university mall, you better not allow her to drive and make her live at him, as you pick her up and drop her off at USF.. she's in college for crying out loud, at that university mall area i not bad at all.  i mean, its not anything that someone should strive for in life, but its not the hood by any means.

i think people are just afraid of black people.. they see a large congregation of black people and tag it "the ghetto".. well, if thats the case, they wouldve called the entire city of atlanta ghetto when i lived there (which its not).  everyone, lighten up, and i'm all for an on campus stadium, but i'd be happy to have a stadium in close vicinity like university mall.  it would kinda be like LA coliseum is to USC campus

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

South Carolina's stadium is not on campus either.  It's fairly close though.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Nah I wouldn't go to that extreme either.  Is not like the area is crime-free, it has seen its fair share of shootings.  But with 40,000+ people, plus cops, it wouldn't be that bad for football games.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Friends, just because black people live there, that doesn't make it a "bad area." Go to a real big city. Go to Detroit. Hell, go to FLINT. Gary. SOUTH BEND, even.

You'll find "bad areas." University Mall area is fine. I have no idea what you people are talking about.

Nobody even mentioned race until you brought it up.  I think that area is a hood, never even metioned race...It is obvious that in your mind an area has to be considered predominantly african american to be considered bad??!  I can pretty much absolutely guarantee that I live in an area with a much higher concentration of black folks and it is a far better neighborhood than the one surrounding university mall.

Do you know what race I am?  Nope you don't.  But you're insinuating that I'm a racist because I think that area is bad?  Isn't that type of assumption just as bad as being racist?

Get a clue before you start making asinine statements like you made above.  Sounds like you been sitting your a$$ in wesley chapel for too long.