• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

“Your Move Michael Kelly”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I do think Kelly has his list of possibles, including pipe dreams that he'll reach out to and get a No (but always take your shot).

On the other end of the spectrum (and there's very little way to prevent or know if someone will end up doing this), I don't want to pull the whole early hire and we're all gung ho, and then he gets a big sack of money from someone else and bolts after being on the job for a week or two. It's happened, though I don't think I foresee it happening here...which is because I don't think we're very good at hiring anyways, so the people we're hiring aren't getting bigger offers two weeks later from a big P5 school.

We've now had two "promotion" coaches in Holtz and Taggart, and one retread in Strong. Holtz wasn't ready for the next level. Willie was and then climbed the ladder (to find he belongs no higher than our rung at this point - though I believe he could've been better at Oregon than at FSU if he stayed). At this point, I want to give an OC a shot at a promotion. The arguments about "can they be a HC" are moot to me, we've hired already-been-HC's and we see where it got us.

This is the AAC, and the offenses are churning. We need that young energetic OC to get his shot at the HC position and get us exciting and efficient again. Defense will need a good DC hire, but in many of these leagues we just need to be where we are now - serviceable. We can get one at a decent value and an exciting team, even if we lose 1-3 games a year, will put butts in seats.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, bullsfan27 said:

No coaching changes will be made until the season is over. If no changes are made within 3 days after the ucf game the entire staff will be back but the fans might not be 

Think your right. I don't think MK will embarrass CS because he is so well thought of in college football. Must remember too, I don't think MK was ever an AD prior to USF ?? He may or may not have the hatchet ability..?  

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well its out there now NEB. You would think that MK has been around the game long enough that he would have some good access to some good advice/guidance on the subject of CCS. With the article it ratchets it to a new level. Now it isn't fan posts, fire him chants, etc..its public and will now go National. After getting "loudly" run out of Texas I imagine CCS will be even more withdrawn. I always hate this stuff for the players. Our USF quandary is now out there for all to see..Oh what fun we have.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Well its out there now NEB. You would think that MK has been around the game long enough that he would have some good access to some good advice/guidance on the subject of CCS. With the article it ratchets it to a new level. Now it isn't fan posts, fire him chants, etc..its public and will now go National. After getting "loudly" run out of Texas I imagine CCS will be even more withdrawn. I always hate this stuff for the players. Our USF quandary is now out there for all to see..Oh what fun we have.

It’s an untenable situation for sure. I think he is gone 30 minutes after ucf beats our asses by 45 points on Black Friday. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s an untenable situation for sure. I think he is gone 30 minutes after ucf beats our asses by 45 points on Black Friday. 

Sadly, I think they all come in to tear our heads off and help there ranking position with beat down wins..You know? This really Sucks.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was just thinking.  Maybe I will not watch that game.  I could go do something fun instead.  Kind of unthinkable.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Think your right. I don't think MK will embarrass CS because he is so well thought of in college football. Must remember too, I don't think MK was ever an AD prior to USF ?? He may or may not have the hatchet ability..?  

Why is CCS so highly thought of? His head coaching ability? Highly doubt it. Because he had Bridgewater and Flowers?

Maybe ONLY because he’s SUPPOSEDLY a good recruiter? I’m beginning to doubt that.

He’s a good guy. So am I, maybe, but I don’t pretend to be a coach.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Why is CCS so highly thought of? His head coaching ability? Highly doubt it. Because he had Bridgewater and Flowers?

Maybe ONLY because he’s SUPPOSEDLY a good recruiter? I’m beginning to doubt that.

He builds fine young men up. That's why he's respected!!

In all seriousness, is he really respected? Maybe as a person but his coaching ability may no longer have much respect.

11 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

For whatever reason people in the trade respect the guy. Maybe his time at UF and a Natl Champ he was a good DC. He had a moment at Louisville. And I guess he had a rep for trying to help make young men into good men. As a HC at Texas and now USF ??  I would assume he is done when he leaves here. ****! I would really be pissed if he left here took the Rutgers job or other P5 and won a Conf Championship...Now there's one for usf fan nightmares.. I'm sure his future wont be judged on whether he is a good guy or not. Maybe the coaching flame went out. He should have prob taken time off after the Texas debacle??  Question is: what is USF going to do??

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

candidates.jpg.5b02e576b216c771a53570b0a8790827.jpg

Orientated? Really?