• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

“Your Move Michael Kelly”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

Part of the problem is lack of stability at AD.  You go from high energy CJL and then go low energy safe Holtz then you go with hip and higher energy Taggart then go very low energy and sleeping Strong.  

It's very simple, with our athletes a high energy coach does best.  We arent going to run some complex high iq offense with success. 

We need a complete reset.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,260
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Part of the problem is lack of stability at AD.  You go from high energy CJL and then go low energy safe Holtz then you go with hip and higher energy Taggart then go very low energy and sleeping Strong.  

It's very simple, with our athletes a high energy coach does best.  We arent going to run some complex high iq offense with success. 

We need a complete reset.

Yes, that's an instability but there is instability all over the program.  Some of it is inherent in being a G5 team.  If you get someone good, they bolt for greener pastures (well, we had one who wanted to stay...) - AD, HCs, Coordinators, etc.  And with the portal, maybe players.  Add in the different timelines on starting new coordinators with new systems.  Factor in player turnover and injuries.  Add and new University President and their agenda.

Right now, we will be not be considered as a prime opportunity for any coaches other than those who are looking to step up and revamp a whole program.  Someone who can build it from the ground up.  Someone who is crazy emotional so that the players are up.  Someone humble enough to have done the team laundry and work out of trailers!  But, those coaches don't exist.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I know many want to fire Charlie into the sun this morning, but Kelly is a very measured guy. I think he waits until the end of the season. I could see him booting Charlie before the UCF game, likely not earlier. It would surprise me, at least.

I get it, the whole "fire early and put your name in the hat" for all of the prospective coaches to lure, but to me, USF isn't in a position to take advantage of that like the FSU's of the world are.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Waiting is safe, safe is death. We aren’t in a position to wait. All the decent candidates will be gone. If he’s going to make a move it needs to be done soon and we need to get an active search going pretty quickly

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

spacer.png

It kind of feels like this is what administration and athletics has been trying to do to the football program for some time now. 

But I agree with Dan....nothing as to coaching changes is going to happen until season's end.....

or until the end of next season. 

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  810
  • Days Won:  1

I would hope that Kelly is already in discussions with some Head Coach prospects and has a plan before Strong is fired.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

No coaching changes will be made until the season is over. If no changes are made within 3 days after the ucf game the entire staff will be back but the fans might not be 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Danm1983 said:

I know many want to fire Charlie into the sun this morning, but Kelly is a very measured guy. I think he waits until the end of the season. I could see him booting Charlie before the UCF game, likely not earlier. It would surprise me, at least.

I get it, the whole "fire early and put your name in the hat" for all of the prospective coaches to lure, but to me, USF isn't in a position to take advantage of that like the FSU's of the world are.

I agree. not sure FSU is in that position either.

we have made our 2 worst hires when we broke the bank and thought they were can't miss.

we don't need a splash hire. Usually those are the worst and are about trying to appease fans and sell tickets.