• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie's Successor... Already on our Sidelines

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

The reality is that we have at least 2 more years of sucking no matter who is head coach. The real question is who can do a Brian Gregory style rebuilding. It obviously is not Charlie Strong. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Outside of cause and effect you are completely right but if not for the horribly unfortunate decisions of our past we would not be in this present. 

I know getting into a discussion with you is fruitless but what the helll.  Since CJL was fired we've had our 2 highest win seasons.  Things have changed since then but it has nothing to do with CJL. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, CousinRicky said:

I know getting into a discussion with you is fruitless but what the helll.  Since CJL was fired we've had our 2 highest win seasons.  Things have changed since then but it has nothing to do with CJL. 

You know that the Beast was a far better conference by every single tangible measurable so a single win more in the AAC is not horribly impressive especially when you consider it also came with our two worst seasons as well, hell the CUSA we were in was better than the AAC. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You know that the Beast was a far better conference by every single tangible measurable so a single win more in the AAC is not horribly impressive especially when you consider it also came with our two worst seasons as well, hell the CUSA we were in was better than the AAC. 

And you know that recruiting to the Big East was easier than recruiting to the AAC.  We can do this all day EXCEPT I'm gonna be the Guest Coach on the Bench for WBB tonight and have to head down the Yuengling Center right after lunch.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

And you know that recruiting to the Big East was easier than recruiting to the AAC.  We can do this all day EXCEPT I'm gonna be the Guest Coach on the Bench for WBB tonight and have to head down the Yuengling Center right after lunch.

Except most of the time in the Beast was with players recruited before the move but sure I accept that. That is awesome, I hope you have fun and I appreciate the contribution you made to our program to get that opportunity. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

I know watching our offense presently is like watching a train wreck, however I haven't given up on the thought that Kerwin Bell can correct this hot pile of garbage if given the keys to the car. Will Mike Kelly or anyone else agree with me? Highly unlikely. However his track record time after time proves he can turn things around and has won at every level. Here is an article from when he was not renewed at Jacksonville University. Typically you're not renewed because you are a dead man walking and the administration lacks the balls to fire you even though you're incompetent on your best days and an albatross on your worst (see Charlie Strong presently). In this case, Bell was not renewed because he "wanted more for the program". For the most part, the guy won... and won consistently. I believe he had one down season - but we all very well know that can correspond with QB turnover as a football program is only as good as the QB at the helm. Anyways, throwing my two cents out there. 

If I had a second choice - I'd take Jeff Monkin from West Point. He's the type of coach that gets everything out of his players (and he beat UF while coaching at Georgia Southern). That's a victory that would make a coach a legend at USF. West Point is down presently, but they would still steamroll our program this year (which kills me to say it). What is Mike Kelly waiting for? Give Bell the keys and let him right this ship. It's pretty bad presently and apathy is setting in quickly - literally fell asleep in the second quarter last night.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/college/jacksonville-dolphins/2015-12-03/story/kerwin-bell-out-jacksonville-university

I like the CKB option. He's enjoyed success in his football life. He wasn't Tebow so he had to work even harder. We saw a glimmer of a productive O in the ECU game and late in the BYU game and some in the GT game the others I don't count. I wonder how many players on the current roster he even recruited. I'm not tickled with what the O has shown either but, hit a few of those open receivers, throw a ball that is catchable and don't count to 100 in the backfield before you do something/anything. I see McCloud as fragile just like Barnett. I cant throw all the blame on CKB I think the situation runs deeper. I watch him on the side line and he is fairly subdued and I'm pretty sure that's not his coaching style. CCS??  I get the feeling that he...just does not care.  if he heard the "fire him" chants in the crowd there's a good chance that's why he just folded at the end..said, screw it. What do the players think of that? the other coaches? what message did it send?  CKB?? you wouldn't lose all the continuity on the Team. I think he's a competitor. I think he likes to be a winner. Keeping him has merit. Want to save some money?? Sit CCS down and give him an option..1) your gone or 2) would you like to stay as a consultant with MK at a lower salary? Maybe a stretch but....he's in his 60's and has a poor resume. He bought a $4mil house and has some closet skeletons plus..he can get a free hip replacement))ha! those are worth about $50k....Ok, Im done but I was serious about most of this...then again---Never Know 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

I know watching our offense presently is like watching a train wreck, however I haven't given up on the thought that Kerwin Bell can correct this hot pile of garbage if given the keys to the car. Will Mike Kelly or anyone else agree with me? Highly unlikely. However his track record time after time proves he can turn things around and has won at every level. Here is an article from when he was not renewed at Jacksonville University. Typically you're not renewed because you are a dead man walking and the administration lacks the balls to fire you even though you're incompetent on your best days and an albatross on your worst (see Charlie Strong presently). In this case, Bell was not renewed because he "wanted more for the program". For the most part, the guy won... and won consistently. I believe he had one down season - but we all very well know that can correspond with QB turnover as a football program is only as good as the QB at the helm. Anyways, throwing my two cents out there. 

If I had a second choice - I'd take Jeff Monkin from West Point. He's the type of coach that gets everything out of his players (and he beat UF while coaching at Georgia Southern). That's a victory that would make a coach a legend at USF. West Point is down presently, but they would still steamroll our program this year (which kills me to say it). What is Mike Kelly waiting for? Give Bell the keys and let him right this ship. It's pretty bad presently and apathy is setting in quickly - literally fell asleep in the second quarter last night.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/college/jacksonville-dolphins/2015-12-03/story/kerwin-bell-out-jacksonville-university

Kerwin bell but the offense looks like Gilbert hmmmmm....what do you think is happening. 

1 minute ago, CIHISI said:

Kerwin bell but the offense looks like Gilbert hmmmmm....what do you think is happening. 

To be so lucky as to have the offense look like Gilbert, this is the single worst our offense has ever preformed and at most places that doesn't get you promoted. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

To be so lucky as to have the offense look like Gilbert, this is the single worst our offense has ever preformed and at most places that doesn't get you promoted. 

The same offense with worse line coaching. Gets you what you are seeing. When your coach micro manages everything, this is what you get. 

If Bell had complete control, the offense would look nothing like this. 

• Like 1