• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Charlie's Successor... Already on our Sidelines

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

It's unpopular, but, I agree Sheriff. I actually like some of the things that I have seen out of KB's offense. The team isn't executing very well, but, the scheme isn't bad. We lost 2 starters on the OL last night, not very many teams can overcome that. McCloud was sacked 9 times... maybe 2-3 were his fault for holding onto the ball too long, but, I don't care who was back there, successful under that type of pressure doesn't exist. That doesn't even count the several times he alone eluded the pressure to save a play.

I do question the game plan...Temple led nation in qb pressure and they just gave up 300 yards on ground to Ucf.

You lost two from OL. 

Why pass so much...the game was close till late in fourth. 

Seems like attacking them with the run was better idea given our situation.

And not with Cronk and Sands but more of the speedsters which were showing success running.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

It's unpopular, but, I agree Sheriff. I actually like some of the things that I have seen out of KB's offense. The team isn't executing very well, but, the scheme isn't bad. We lost 2 starters on the OL last night, not very many teams can overcome that. McCloud was sacked 9 times... maybe 2-3 were his fault for holding onto the ball too long, but, I don't care who was back there, successful under that type of pressure doesn't exist. That doesn't even count the several times he alone eluded the pressure to save a play.

In any event, from watching KB on the sidelines, he seems to have a ton of passion, and, as a TBP favorite, he demands excellence! I see him coaching up players and getting angry about things that are missed. It's not just "aww shucks, we'll get them next time"... he gets in people's faces and tells them what they screwed up.

AND... we could probably hire him relatively cheap, making the CCS buyout a little more tolerable.

We should probably be able to get him for pretty close to free but there is probably a reason for that and it does not make it necessarily a good idea. This hire has to be a home run as most people are tiring of the decade of failure Doug and Judy have thrown us into. If a decade later things do not pan out with the next few coaches we can still go find KB at the HS or 7-11 he will be working at. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

5 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I do question the game plan...Temple led nation in qb pressure and they just gave up 300 yards on ground to Ucf.

You lost two from OL. 

And not with Cronk and Sands but more of the speedsters which were showing success running.

We averaged 1.6 yds per rush.  That probably includes the sacks so hard to know what we actually averaged.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We should probably be able to get him for pretty close to free but there is probably a reason for that and it does not make it necessarily a good idea. This hire has to be a home run as most people are tiring of the decade of failure Doug and Judy have thrown us into. If a decade later things do not pan out with the next few coaches we can still go find KB at the HS or 7-11 he will be working at. 

Aren't we just a few years removed from a 10 or 11 win season.  Sweet Jesus please stop.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Aren't we just a few years removed from a 10 or 11 win season.  Sweet Jesus please stop.

The bar has been set for the AAC if you do not win 100 percent of your games your season was a failure, also that took forever to get to and it did not last very long. Are you not personally wrestling with abandoning your season tickets? So is everyone else and that is a dire problem no matter how you want to look for silver linings. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

You lost two from OL. 

adjusted for sacks... we had 29 rushing attempts to 47 pass... our RBs averaged 3.05 yards per carry. Let's pretend like that's a stat... currently, the number 125 rushing team in the nation is averaging 3.1 yards per carry.... so... I am not completely miffed that we went roughly 60/40 pass.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

adjusted for sacks... we had 29 rushing attempts to 47 pass... our RBs averaged 3.05 yards per carry. Let's pretend like that's a stat... currently, the number 125 rushing team in the nation is averaging 3.1 yards per carry.... so... I am not completely miffed that we went roughly 60/40 pass.

I'd went less Cronk and Sands and hit them with speed. Temple is built to stop big backs but speed guys give them problems. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I'd went less Cronk and Sands and hit them with speed.

That's fair... McCloud also works running... he was 9-56 on non-sack plays. But, he's not healthy enough for that to be a big part of the game plan I don't think... the speed works better with some misdirection. If the defense has to wait for the QB to commit, it gives the speed guy a little bit of a head start... also, our left tackle was out, so, that pretty much limits the outside runs to that side of the field since the replacement was getting abused. I believe on the good jet sweep we had, Weaver actually cut inside of the tackle who had gotten pushed 8 yards into the back field.

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The bar has been set for the AAC if you do not win 100 percent of your games your season was a failure, also that took forever to get to and it did not last very long. Are you not personally wrestling with abandoning your season tickets? So is everyone else and that is a dire problem no matter how you want to look for silver linings. 

There is no silver lining that I can see, but you just keep bringing up the past.  And I'm not giving up all my season tickets - just half.  People don't want to see this crap but it has absolutely nothing to do with CJL, DW, Judy or WT.  

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

There is no silver lining that I can see, but you just keep bringing up the past.  And I'm not giving up all my season tickets - just half.  People don't want to see this crap but it has absolutely nothing to do with CJL, DW, Judy or WT.  

Outside of cause and effect you are completely right but if not for the horribly unfortunate decisions of our past we would not be in this present.