• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Penn State ... where was the tradition?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

I still think we need to start a tradition of storming the field ... ON THE ROAD  ;D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Okay. I know this is a USF board... but I'm surprised that no one commented about how Penn State students didn't live up to the best-known tradition in college football: storming the field??

I mean, didn't they know that they had the RIGHT to storm the field after beating a top 10 team at home??  Generations of college football fans have been doing so...

In fact, when the railing broke in front of the students, they not only failed to push past the security... the few that fell kept getting back into the stands!!

Can you imagine??  After winning a highly emotional game that was undecided until very late - the students actually held their composure and celebrated in the stands.

Those PSU fans must not know anything about college football traditions.

::)

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

They did start to storm the field and were met with mixed resistance, as you can read about on their board. Students were met with pepper spray while other sections were allowed to flolw onto the field with little to no resistance. If you did some research you would know the pepper spray had more to do with their decision than pride or self restraint.

Sound familiar?

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

They did start to storm the field and were met with mixed resistance, as you can read about on their board. Students were met with pepper spray while other sections were allowed to flolw onto the field with little to no resistance. If you did some research you would know the pepper spray had more to do with their decision than pride or self restraint.

So what you are saying is a traditional program with an on campus stadium still has problems trying to get on the field. Wait, their problems are the same as our problem. THEIR ADMINSITRATION WONT LET THEM.

I guess the "on campus stadium" arguement is out of play.....

Once again the strawman has arisen, the only people that have mentioned OCS=field storming have been those trying to frame the arguements of their opponents.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Once again the strawman has arisen, the only people that have mentioned OCS=field storming have been those trying to frame the arguements of their opponents.

Nice try but incorrect. I beleive the first post after the UofL game was "we need our own stadium" The post had to do with field storming.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game and some people did go down on the field but we are a big time school ad we expect to win these games so I guess thats why they didn't.That being said it was the biggest win for PSU in years and it was insane.I really believe if we can beat Michigan we will win out but probably get screwed out of playing for the NC.Good luck and BEAT PITT!! :)

I believe the arguement was that it would  be our choice and since someone in our administration "may" have given the okay in that case it would have been fine for students to storm the field without recorse (see Rutgers, UCF etc. this year)